Deploys for the week of 2013-02-11

Maestro Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4086 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

This week's server release schedule has an element of déjà vu, with one server maintenance project from LeTigre entering the main channel, and a new server maintenance project entering LeTigre.  BlueSteel and Magnum are continuing with the same projects that they've had for the past few weeks.

Second Life Server (main channel)

The main channel is getting the server maintenance project which was on LeTigre last week.  This project is focused on crash fixes:

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Server/13#13.02.04.269945

Scheduled Tuesday 2013-02-12 05:00-12:00 PST

Second Life RC BlueSteel:

Once again this week, BlueSteel gets the project to support for normal and specular maps.  This blog post has more information about the project.  The next step is to release a project viewer, which will allow users to try out this new functionality.

The only changes in this week's update are the ones also going into the main channel.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_BlueSteel/13#13.02.08.270162

Scheduled Wednesday 2013-02-13 07:00-11:00 PST

Second Life RC LeTigre:

LeTigre is getting a new maint-server project.  This update fixes some miscellaneous crash modes, and includes an improvement to the rolling restart 'shutdown' notification (which won't be visible during the initial roll, but should be visible in the 2nd roll when the new code shuts down).

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_LeTigre/13#13.02.07.270127

Second Life RC Magnum:

Magnum is getting an update to the interest list improvement project.  This projectshould reduce the bandwidth usage of viewers due to object updates, and should improve simulator performance, especially in sims with many connected avatars.

As with BlueSteel, the only changes in this week's update are the changes also going into the main channel.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_Magnum/13#13.02.08.270166

We will be monitoring this thread as the code gets released, so feel free to note any observations you have about the server updates.  If you have a specific bug you'd like to report, please file a Jira

I have no idea if this is related to the DNS issues yesterday or perhaps a code fix but updates pertaining to prim movement / touch dialogs / teleporting / loading the inventory of inworld items are really slow today.  This may or may not be related to the server updates but I don't know that.  Cache has been cleared and inventory reloaded etc.

You are at 292,583.0, 278,297.0, 3,336.2 in Riback located at sim7658.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.36.225:13002)
Second Life RC LeTigre 13.02.07.270127
Error fetching server release notes URL.

Thanks

Black

Just a note that I added a temporary note to the wiki entry for llInstantMessage() mentioning a change to the maximum length of an instant message from 1175 to 1024, as of the LeTigre RC version. When this change rolls grid-wide, the entry should be updated accordingly. The change is documented in the release notes and I confirmed that object-originating IMs are truncated at 1024 in LeTigre but not the main release.

We need private islands to have no height limit when it comes to disabling scripts on a parcel. From what I understand, Mainland parcels only disable scripts under 50 meters above the land height so that people can use air vehicles on the mainland. We need scripts to be fully disabled on a parcel on private islands when we choose that option.

• Lindens

BlackMagi: that slowness sounds like general network slowness. The interest list changes only pertain to Magnum at this point, and inventory fetching uses a totally different subsystem.

Qie: yes, we should update the wiki regarding the IM limit. I suppose we could add a warning tag at this point, but I'm not familiar with which wiki template would be used for that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4086 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.