Needed - DJ Teachers, Host Teachers & Greeters

HannahSharp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4091 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Second Life DJ School - Founded in 2008 is reopening and hiring a new staff.

Commission + Pay Per Class Taught. Easiest money in SL. All classes are taught by already recorded desktop videos. This is the easiest way for students to learn is by watching someone show them how to use the program. You are the guide for the students to learn.

Hiring DJ Teachers on the following Programs:

• SAM BROADCASTER
  • SAM VIBE - Streams Music Only
  • VIRTUAL DJ
  • NICECAST - MAC USERS
  • TRAKTOR

All classes are taught by a specific lesson plan, you just have to help the student if they get stuck or trouble shoot them. Then you get them on the student test stream and help tweak their mic. You will make more than you do DJing by teaching a class that will take about an hour.

Greeters will be needed to help with the following

• Student Sign up
  • Helping Students Purchase Streams
  • Helping Students or DJ Drops & DJ Intros
  • Helping with questions about the School
  • Pairing students with teachers for tech support
  • Helping Students with Tip Jar Vendor, Photography ordering, headphones purchase and more.

Greeters have an excellent earning potential, plus you get free training on a DJ program of your choice. You can learn a new skill and even teach when you feel confident enough.

Second Life DJ School is the Original, Oldest School in Second Life. Choose the school with the most experience.

Please reply with any questions or comments. I am happy to assist!

Hannah

Hi Xilion,

Thanks for your concern however you are partially correct. I have purchased the rights for SL DJ School from Rosalie Difference. SL DJ School was purchased by Rosalie and Psilocybin in 2012. When Rosalie sold Premiere to Blake she only relinquished the rights to SL Professional DJ Academy and Premiere DJ Academy. She did not sell the rights to SL DJ School and is still in possession of the groups from the founder Joanie Neddings, as well as the contract for ownership. I recently partnered with Rosalie and am reopening under Hers and Joanie's original values.

You are more than welcome to contact Rosalie Difference should you have any questions.

I appreciate you looking out for copywrites!

Hi Xilion,

Rosalie is sending the info later this afternoon. As she works during the day, I am starting a little bit early as far as staff and information. I worked with you at Premiere for a bit. My main user is Cecil Aura.

I sense apprehension in your tone. I understand you have your own school that teaches SAM and personality DJing and hope the best for your courses. The in world release of SL DJ will be at the beginning of March. Just wanted to spark some interest while the location is being set up. To ensure we have a working staff and can hit the ground running. The world of SL has many potential customers so I'm sure all three schools will do just fine.

We're there any other concerns that I could address for you? I am happy to ease any sort of tension that may have I inadvertently been created.

Thanks,

Hannah

I'll drop the ball, Hannah... the way you introduce the courses, the way you seek for DJ's, the fact that you "bought" a group that has in fact been renamed and resold to someone else... and adding to that copying the exact same style of teaching (youtube videos) that the Premiere Academy did is just wrong in my eyes.

Don't get me wrong, I'd welcome any DJ school with semi-open arms (competition is competition, but if all goes fair I'm up for it... sames goes with Forever Vyper and me, currently, seeing as we are eachothers competitiors)... it's just that the way you indtroduce yourself is a little overwhelming. Especially seeing as the old name has been sold and given up.

...the fact that the old group remained is solely because you cannot erease a group. If your intentions are truely ethical, then it;s Rosalie who is wronging either you or Forever. I don't see how it will affect me tbh as my style of teaching is far different that the Premiere Academy or CSU (not better, just different), but I find it unfair for Forever.

Adding to that the fact that you know your info about my style of teaching, and the fact that friends of mine have spotted you taking ample time in inquiring what the school is about, what a lesson plan contains, etc.. (as if trying to act like a student while you are actually just fishing for info on how your competitors are handling themselves), I think you're bad news for the DJ School world. Perhaps you are not in which case I will apologize for my tone in the most sincere way I can, but I think that any two-bit resident agrees with me that this is a little fishy.

Hi Xilion,

I can understand your frustrations, I did stop in your school. I spoke with one of your reps, I simply view competition as competition. I think it's great that you teach personality. And to each school as their own. Though I do have to challenge one little fact. Wouldn't any school that took those values essentially be copying what the original school did? I know Forever purchased the rights to Premiere, but she took the same idea from Blake when she created her own school and designed her own classes I am merely purchasing a name. And giving an opportunity to DJs just like any other school.

Why would someone copying off of copy be judged more than someone who did the same thing first? I am hiring her to create videos, I was apart of the Premiere Team so I know what they include, I'm not sitting through a class with either of you. So what you teach is what you teach. I've changed up the lesson plans to what I feel should be covered. I'm not really interested in stealing information that I already know.

Each school has copied the original design. Professional copied off of SL DJ, And so on down the line. It's a proven method visual aids work for a vast majority of learners. Joanie was the one who brought that concept into play and she should be praised for her work. She did an excellent job building SL DJ. I'm purchasing the name and the objects associated with the school when it was sold. I'm not taking anything from Premiere so what Forever has is her own. That I take value in those lesson plans are hers she bought them fair and square.

As far as the videos, that isn't copywriten, it is just a method to deliver information to students. I've been DJing for 12 years, what I gained is goin to differ from you or Forever. Therefore the class subject content won't be identical.

I understand you looking out. I am simply bringing back a group I fealt brought us a great service. Caring less about the profit made and more about the teaching.

Thanks,

Hannah

Hey "Hannah" :),

They're not frustrations but care, so no worries... I feel confident that DJ Schools can coexist as they have done in the past time between Forever and me, for example. It's all about the approach and the mind-set of DJ School owners, I reckon. It's good to have a look and see if other people who start up a school hold the same values high. After all, as you state, it's not about profit but about giving someone that experience of being a DJ. We've all been there, right?

You are however saying that copying is okay, no matter how you state it, which makes me feel a little sad. Forever did not copy but bought a name, group, and school. The fact that that school was copying in the first place might or might not be true (I was not there so who am I to judge), but that prior school was stopped and closed because of the school that ultimately moved to Forever's hand for a (large) sum of money. Seeing the old school emerge from the dust is a dagger in the back of Forever... and with my eyes on 'fair play', I, once again, think that is a little sad.

A little sidetrail: From what I recall when you worked with me at the Premiere DJ Academy, you hadn't DJ'ed a day in your life beside SL. Rosalie however told me she had DJ'ed for 11 years (so, at this moment, that'd be 12). I don't wish to point fongers, but that too is coincedental. Just like buying a name from someone but not getting the group. And getting Rosalie to make you new videos... but once again, I am probably wrong, right? Yeah.

Also, I do wonder who you would need Rosalie to make you those videos. You are starting up the biggest, most well known DJ school again... as a teacher you should know how to handle making a video, right? I would reckon so.

I think you know very well that, while the method of using youtube videos isn't copyrighted as is, but the fact remains that Forever is currently using videos to teach. I chose not to, for the sake of fair competition. She uses youtube and so I do not... I would feel bad to steal someone's idea like that... it's not really a matter of copyright. But, as you said, to each school their own, eh?

I am however glad with your final statement; it is indeed not about profit but about teaching. The times are slow in SL, especially when you look at the amount of people willing to pay for DJ lessons. I don't turn a nice profit currently, but I keep afloat and enjoy my time put in it... as does Forever. I do hope your words hold truth and you indeed plan to co-exist in SL rather than trying to be top dog. You understand that, if you'd pursue that goal, your words would hold little value, right?

I look forward to see your strategies :)

Best wishes,

Xilion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4091 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.