Sign in to follow this  
Syo Emerald

Why those names?

Hello,

today I started to wonder about something that I noticed a while back, when searching for some adult places and groups I may feel like to join. But somehow a lot of them seem to have a strange need for adressing females as sluts, whores and what else of mean names on might come up with.

But why? Is a female with sexual interest or kinks by definiton a whore or **bleep**?

I sometimes wonder why there are really no equivalent terms for men.

There are times I feel like I could be the male equivalent of a **bleep**.

eta, interesting that 'whore' is allowed but 'sl*t' isn't.

Does that not mostly depend on the kind of place ?

Like in the R-Fantasy and slavery Sims it would be more likely to be called

a **bleep** or the C-word, than in say a "vanilla" sex enviroment.

Ofcourse for some being called this can be a big turn on,

while for others it can be quite shocking to see people use these words.

Hm, hm...

Well,I'm sure there must be some "Vanilla" areas around,

seen plenty of them in the past, so unless they all disapeared all

of a sudden they should be there.

But ofcourse that was an example, I'd also think

that for example normal BDSM areas would also not use such words

as much, not as much as the more hardcore and R-fantasy ones.

OI!!!

Vanilla is the most complex flavor there is in the world.

Can you honestly say in this day and age of sexual freedom that "vanilla" sex still exists? With 50 shades being the most popular book of the last 10 years with adults, i hardly think BD/SM sex is that taboo. Hell, my gran had a pair of cuffs and a lash under her bed. We found this stuff when removing her old bed for the  tempurpedic one we got her for Xmas.. My sis and  I need mind bleach now.

but, to answer your question. It's all personal preference. If they want to be degraded and get off on it, why not? At least here, it's harmless.  In RL they could find some nut-job that will  go too far and kill them. Then they wil end up on Criminal Minds.

Its mostly in groupdescriptions and "advertising" from the people in them, that created the image that females are always called that. This makes it a bit complicated to see where one can go without joining the whole degrading circle.

And BDSM....well with the whole slave thing...not sure if I have high hopes on that one.

Oh my, 50 Shades of Twilight for Adults :womanlol:

Well, it had to pop up sometime.

And yes, there is still plenty of people out there who do things the boring old fashioned way.

Then again BDSM can be boring as well with all those rules and whatnot.

Hm, Syo I would guess that most of those groups you describe would be kind of in the same corner ?

Getting results with the same search words and such ?

Perrie Juran wrote:

I sometimes wonder why there are really no equivalent terms for men.

There are times I feel like I could be the male equivalent of a **bleep**.

eta, interesting that 'whore' is allowed but 'sl*t' isn't.

Actually a man can be called a whore too and one of the most common ones I've heard in RL for men is sl*tpuppy.  There are other terms I've heard also.   With the equality of the sexes there is now also equal opportunity for degradation.

Syo Emerald wrote:

I don't really know if there are any sims or groups which are mostly just "vanilla", so its difficult to really compare for me.

Actually most all the sex sims cater to kinks or people that don't mind public sex.  So called "vanilla" sex is around but, being vanilla, is generally private.

Using those words is a turn on for some people, thats basically about it. Remember Jamie Lee and John Cleese in "A Fish called Wanda"? when he would turn her on with a foreign accent?  Something like that.

A good friend of mine said the other day that sex is 70% mental and well we all have our kinks.

Leia36 wrote:

Using those words is a turn on for some people, thats basically about it. Remember Jamie Lee and John Cleese in "A Fish called Wanda"? when he would turn her on with a foreign accent?  Something like that.

A good friend of mine said the other day that sex is 70% mental and well we all have our kinks.

I know its a turn on for some people, but I felt like it was already seen as "common" to be turned on by that. Or that it is already a well used word for any female joining adult groups.

Good Gor sims are few and far between, but I could show you if you want, nothing to it really. Take a meter for free and set it to observer, oh and wear something that either reveals everything or nothing at all. (slave and free woman respectively) We could go visit Drake in Turia if he is still there. ;)

Wouldn't they be kind of meaningless in Gor.

I mean seeing how in Gor women are either free women, panthers, or captured slaves who are the property

of their owner and become willing submissives in time this would make it strange and out of place to call them

sluts or whores.  (Hm, unless maybe the men use it to describe panthers)

Perfectly fine in Gor, just made an observation that in my opinion, the overuse of those words blunts their impact