How do I change the prim limit on a parcel?

xigaro

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4086 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I rent a sim from Azure, and I'm subletting a parcel of land to a friend. Is there a way to alter the prim count? We have the size set as we want it to be, but it has only allocated 51 prims and I'd like it to be 200 without giving any extra land. Any help appreciated!

3 answers to this question

Hi,

Way 1) Lease a bigger parcel

Way 2) Lease an additional parcel and make sure that both parcels are deeded to the same Land Group that you have created and own.

Way 3) If the Landowner manages prim usage using a scripted prim manager, ask for an increase and pay the piper.

If you (or your group) are the owner of both parcels, and you are merely renting a parcel to your friend, you can ignore the parcel land capacity figure.  It is YOUR total prims, on all the land you lease on that sim, that controls...the "Region Capacity" number in About Land/Objects.  Let's say you lease 4096 sq m, with 937 prims.  You split the parcel in half, and rent 2048 to your friend.  The parcel land capacity will tell you that each parcel is allowed 468 prims...but as the owner, you can split that up any way you like.  You could keep ALL the prims for yourself, and just let your friend  freeze on the bare ground.  Or you could be generous and tell her, "I only need 200 prims for myself.  You can rez up to 737."

You can keep track of how many prims each of you has on a given parcel with World/About Land/Objects tab.  Just click the Refresh button to see whose prims are whose.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4086 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.