Rebaking successfully after the first try

Phila Sabra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There seems to be a problem with rezzing properly that even rebaking does not seem to solve (at least not until you have done it twenty or more times). Where some part or you, head, torso, or legs, is blurred and you can't get rid of it. It has happened to me quite a lot and was driving me insane.

Then I tried something, and all of a sudden my troubles were over. I could rebake all my blurry bits away on the first try.Let me know if the following works for you.

1. Find a spot with lots of space.

2. Do a rebake.

3. Immediately after the rebake, start walking and don't stop. A little circle is good. 

4. Watch the stages of your rebake. It will go from rezzed to blurry and back to rezzed again. Do not stop walking till you go through this. 

5. Enjoy your fully rezzed avi :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

I know it sounds silly. It does work for me, and I hope it can help others.

Walking and chatting does nothing about helping the bake becoming successful. Actually it seems to be a new issue in the official viewer since the update of the HTTP texture fetch algorithm that baking often fails and have to be redone. But finally this issue should be solved when server-side baking goes live - if it doesn't end up in a desaster as when LL enabled display names...

Phila Sabra wrote:

There seems to be a problem with rezzing properly that even rebaking does not seem to solve (at least not until you have done it twenty or more times). Where some part or you, head, torso, or legs, is blurred and you can't get rid of it. It has happened to me quite a lot and was driving me insane.

Then I tried something, and all of a sudden my troubles were over. I could rebake all my blurry bits away on the first try.
Let me know if the following works for you.

1. Find a spot with lots of space.

2. Do a rebake.

3. Immediately after the rebake, start walking and don't stop. A little circle is good. 

4. Watch the stages of your rebake. It will go from rezzed to blurry and back to rezzed again. Do not stop walking till you go through this. 

5. Enjoy your fully rezzed avi :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

I know it sounds silly. It does work for me, and I hope it can help others.

I tried it and it worked for me. go figure. lol.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.