Shadow Lands: BDSM Community Roleplay

Aether Quinote

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Shadow Lands is a sim based loosely on the Shadowlands book series. But instead of a club, we have built an entire community who live and practice daily the D/s relationship. Where it is normal to see a Dom leading his girl on a leash down the side walk or to see a submissive kneeling at her Masters side at a 5 star restaurant. Shadows Lands is a community in which the taboo is welcomed and embraced, long as it is within the D/s and BDSM structure.

For more information contact Aether Quinote!

There are many secrets in life you may keep from others. Within the confine of the Shadow Lands, the burden of concealing your deepest, darkest pleasures can be set free. Welcome to a community in which the taboo of bondage and submission are welcomed and embraced. Thanks are owed to the creators, the founding family, the Carami's. Achal, the head of the house hold acquired the land through a business acquisition. Having the lovely Kyriah at his side, thought of a home where he and his pet would not hide their relationship.

The Shadow Lands was born, and slowly developed into a private community. The rising sun sheds it light over a bustling city, storefronts and restaurants. As it sets, the shadows overcome the city, resting along a mysterious club. Darkness in folds the doors of Shadow's Fall, the premier BDSM club of the community. Within it's walls, the Sirs of the club explore the wonder and beauty of the submissives. When the doors close for the evening, and the eroticism and kink have all left for the night, one can find their self along the door step of the Lick Her Bar. Dancing women, and alcohol a must when visiting.

Discover a community, where your dreams of being naughty and finding the punishment befitting will come true. Discover a community, where respect and honor, will be earned and given upon your deeds within Shadow's Fall. A home, a family, like no other.

I was intreged by the discription of your RP sim, so I ported over and had a stroll around. I checked the rules before wandering and was pleased with some of the things you said. I liked that you declare right off that it is not a sex sim. Unfortunately as I wandered around I came across a set of Adult poseballs set out in an alley for public sex and the furniture that worked for me in the club seemed to be Adult oriented. By the way, I don't know if you set out the couches in the club as owner olny or group only or if they don't have animations in them, but they were a disappointment as well.

To me, it seemed to be just another grunge urban setting, nothing soffisticated at all. I am sure though that with proper role play it will work out for you.

I guess I'm a little biased, I have wandered SL for years looking for nice D/s RP and always seem to come up agaist the idea that BDSM is about sex and punishment and doesn't have a softer side.

I ported over and thought the place well put together, but saddened no one was around. I can only assume it is newly opened and there are a number of things that need finshing.  Could be why some of the furniture wasn't working properly. 

I think nice D/s RP is good but BDSM covers a wide range of experiences, kinks, and fetishes, which, at times, does involve sex and punishment based on the mutual consent of those involved.

In my opinion the place would be similar to RL clubs, where sceneing would be a thing that is part of the atmosphere since the sim is loosely named and appears to be concepted around Cherise Sinclair's books.  Often, there is a sexual nature to sceneing, albeit there is more to it than that. 

Perhaps, you could go and demonstrate the softer non-sexual side of BDSM so others will know there are many many different options and choice in the community?  Educating others is a fantastic thing! And, it might provide a way to have such things in other BDSM places In-World.

Morgaine Christensen wrote:

"I think nice D/s RP is good but BDSM covers a wide range of experiences, kinks, and fetishes, which, at times, does involve sex and punishment based on the mutual consent of those involved."

I agree completely and the club on the sim seemed to have display furniture to show off a sub on. My major complaint was with the statement that the sim wasn't a free sex sim when it had a least one set of sex balls set out on a public street.

I have belonged to a few D/s clubs in SL that weren't blatantly BDSM and had rooms set aside for some of the kinks and for sex and enjoyed those settings. I have even owned and run a D/s club that had only D/s poses and cuddles.

I guess my main complaint was that most D/s advertised places are really places mainly concerned with sex, hard core punishment and the public display of the Dom's "Mastery" over his sub. Not the beauty of a D/s relationship.

BDSM is a compound acronym for Bondage, Discipline, Dominance/submission, and Sadomasochism. Where is the "softer gentle side"?

I guess I am confused as to what you mean when you say "the softer side of BD/SM."  I suppose that would be commonly referred to as "light BD/SM."  I'm not sure where in SL to find that, sorry.

ETA: after walking around in the sim for a while i willl admit there is a lot of sex furniture around.. that being said.. It IS a BD/SM playground. One would expect there to be some items to use.

• 2 weeks later...

Wait, wait...so are we upset because there are items scattered around a BDSM sim that people can have sex on if they chose to and we don't want them to be able to have sex so we can show that BDSM isn't just about sex or what?  I am so confused. Why do any of us in the lifestyle need to show or prove to anyone else that there is a softer side to the lifestyle or that BDSM isn't just about sex?  Isn't that pretty much up to each individual person or couple to choose to do if they want?  There are so many sides to the lifestyle it will be impossible to please everyone and just because a sim says its not soley a sex based sim doesn't mean it can't have sex items around for those that want to have sex, it just wants to make sure that those that come there contribute more to the sim than a few grunts and moans on the equipment I think.  I mean come on, it's starting to feel like people view sex and BDSM together are bad. lol

• 1 year later...

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

BDSM is a compound acronym for Bondage, Discipline, Dominance/submission, and Sadomasochism. Where is the "softer gentle side"?

The "softer side" of BDSM is the relationship. Those who have lived in the lifestyle in RL or have a good understanding of the dynamic of the relationship know that it isn't about the kink. It's about the special gift of submission, about how the trust required to allow someone to Dominate you, the internal strength to submit to another wholly. As far as the sex goes, that also required a deep level of trust in your partner that they are careful not to hurt you, but only harm you. (Look it up, there IS a difference) What BDSM provides, outside of phenominal sex, is a deep, trusting and honest relationship which is a beautiful thing.

Arthuris1974 wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

The "softer side" of BDSM is the relationship. Those who have lived in the lifestyle in RL or have a good understanding of the dynamic of the relationship know that it isn't about the kink. It's about the special gift of submission, about how the trust required to allow someone to Dominate you, the internal strength to submit to another wholly. As far as the sex goes, that also required a deep level of trust in your partner that they are careful not to hurt you, but only harm you. (Look it up, there IS a difference) What BDSM provides, outside of phenominal sex, is a deep, trusting and honest relationship which is a beautiful thing.

I understand about aftercare and the relationship dynamic of BD/SM. The person i was quoting was looking for the softer side of BD/SM in SL as a play place. That can be found anywhere. The softer side of BD/SM comes from the people involved in the particular relationship. What you consider softer is probably not what other do. There is no place that will please everyone.

Those that want a BD/SM play area usually have thier own home for the "softer side" stuff. I just have it all in one at my home.

I also don't consider BD/SM as a RP. There are RPs that happen to have BD/SM aspects but the BD/SM is just a side note.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.