About Photographer's work

Spinell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4084 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm looking for more info on what photography services offer.

I want to remodel my shop with some new, professional-looking pics of my clothes, but I don't know what to prepare in roder to hire a photographer:

Do I need to provide poses? Specific hair, makeup or anything to do with appearance? Do I need to provide the locale and backdrops? Do I need to buy some sort of photography materials in advance?

And most of all, do each photographer only does photos the way he/she likes or can I discuss a certain look I want to accomplish?

Thanks for the info, guys!

If it were me I would say you don't need to provide anything at all except a copy or two of the clothing you wish to model and some reasonable expectation of what you have in mind for the finished theme.  Any good photographer surely has poses, backdrops and models on tap with hair, skins, etc. ready to go.

I think the most important thing is for the designer to let the photographer know exactly what they have in mind.  That just makes it easy for everyone.

I would advise you to type photo studio or photography in search and visit few of them. They have displays with photos and you can see what kind of work they do, decide if you like it or not. Pick up price lists and infos about services they offer, see if they have any discounts or something.

Also decide what you want to get, if you saw some nice pics you can show them as exaples of the look you want to accomplish. 

If you book your photo with professional studio then you don't need to provide poses, backgrounds or anything. You just need to show up on time. 

When it comes to doing vendor photos you have few choices; photos can be made with your avatar which means you will prepare outfits and go to the studio; you can send a model with instructions how to look or send clothes to the photographer you hired and just name what kind of look you want to go with the clothes. All up to you.

For a while now I am doing vendor photos for one merchant and he sends me boxes of clothes or boots. We have agreed about skin, shape and hairs that my avatar will have in the pics. This way we don't need to arrange times to meet for every single package he needs to be made. 

Most important of all is to talk with any photographer you choose and give as much infos as you can about what you want to get:) good luck!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4084 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.