Attaching Particle effect to an avatar on collision

Jaguar Solo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4090 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am working on a fire walk effect. I have a script that will launch a fire particle effect upon collision. I want to have the fire attach itself to an avatar as it passes over the prim with the script, giving the illusion that the walker is on fire. I have tried follower scripts but they only follow me (the owner). Not being a talented scriptor, I am baffled as to how to accomplish this task. The fire effect can die after a few seconds. Any help would be appreciated.

And yes I know, attach to avatar scripts can be used for griefing. This is not my intent or purpose. The build is being used for a Fair. My avatar will walk the ember field with no ill effect but other avatars may or may not make the run without catching on fire.

You can still use a follower, but it will have to be a follower that is rezzed when you collide with your triiger object and then dies a few seconds later.  You can probably use the follower script you have already.  Just pass it the UUID of your victim as it is rezzed and then tell its llSensorRepeat statement to use that UUID instead of your own.

You''l need to take a look in the LSL wiki at llRezAtRoot and the on_rez event as you make your rezzer script.  With those, you'll be able to create the follower and you'll have an event where you can use a llRegionSayTo statement to send the victim's UUID.  Catch the UUID in your follower script with a listen event.

For obvious reasons there isn't an LSL method to attach to avatar either "permanently" or temporary until the agent gives a manual permission so this is not going to work seamlessly. There may be some wearable attachment that agents already wear and it catches on fire on avatar's collision with something. Other than that a follower seems the only feasible option. To make it follow anyone you need to include a scanner that would get you the keys of agents in vicinity. A follower follows by key.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4090 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.