How do I find the UUID of a role within a group?

MsDonna Humby

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Ms Donna,

The open chat UUID-based invite allows the sending of a message that" invites" the targeted listener to self-join your group at the Everyone level. Your group must have the Open to Public status checked for this to work. The Everyone Role is automatically assigned using this option.

Note: Afterwards you may add role responsibilities for them by Editing the Group / Roles & Members / Members / selecting a member and checking the roles you want for them.

Other New to Group/Role Level invites seem to only be possible when offered  from an Avatar Group Member to a selected Avatar "Invite into Group" viewer option. This is one of those Avatar to Avatar options I've never seen a corresponding script command for.

I believe this is because other than the public Everyone role, all other role invites/elevations require the requesting avatar to have the same permission or the Allow to Invite into Any Role permission.

wow, never seen rolig get something wrong before :matte-motes-agape:

Group Roles do have UUID's but they are not easy to find..

The only way i know of is by using a viewer called METAbolt..

click on groups tab -> select the group ->click info -> go to roles.. and their are the role UUID's

hope this helps :)

WOW - The UUID seems to be universal for any database object in the LL Asset server scheme of things. But the real question is "Can a Scripted Agent Bot" do the invite to other than the default 'Everyone' Role?" I imagine if the the agent is in the proper role the answer can be yes but what LSL command could be used to execute the "Invite into Group" function we see as Avatars in our UI?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.