• Announcements

    • Xiola Linden

      The New Community Platform   03/21/2017

      We are still working on making adjustments and changes to the new platform. Thanks  to everyone who has been sending in feedback and filing any bugs you've encountered! 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sephina Frostbite

Anyone going to be single on v day?

50 posts in this topic

I will not be attacking, i have other plans for that night. or what ever night something happens on.. I was just talking to these three nice fellows that were wearing red uniforms. They mentioned her name and after a few drinks i had a nice chat with them.. all about secret doors and hidden passageways. i think.. its hard to remember. i was drinkin away my sorrow AT BEING FIRED FOR PLANNING A DATE ON MY OWN TIME!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well Drake im sorry for you if you have drunk too much... you should have listen my advice and drink some camomille... rigth now you would have feel really better :smileywink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Xilion Iceberg wrote:

As for Second Life... I don't know actually o.0 I think Valentine's Day isn't just for lovers, but also for -spreading love-.

I think I'll give out some free roses or something to people who are lonely... everybody deserves a little love!
:)

Don't be stingy, love is free.

-Dj Luv Dlux

You're quite thoughtful. Loneliness is like boredom. Nobody is immune to it. You may need a lot of roses.

But is love really free? How many people can one person love? If you love too many people, how can any one recipient of your love feel special?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Randall Ahren wrote:


Xilion Iceberg wrote:

...


Don't be stingy, love is free.

-Dj Luv Dlux

You're quite thoughtful. Loneliness is like boredom. Nobody is immune to it. You may need a lot of roses.

But is love really free? How many people can one person love? If you love too many people, how can any one recipient of your love feel special?

 

 

This would stir up the debate on what love is. I think (if I childishly attempt to answer it in one paragraph) there's more than one type of love we're talking about here. I mean, I love a whole lot of people, and I am quick to love someone... on the other hand I love-love a few people who are close to my heart.

You might want to call what I feel towards the others something like affection... but I think that's too belittling. Affection is what I show a dog I have just met on the street. I honestly love to love people in a non-romantical way, and keep the romance and/or deep-caring-love-love for a select few.

Good question though!

And love is obviously free in the materialistic sense... but I agree it's not endless. ._.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Randall Ahren wrote:


Xilion Iceberg wrote:

As for Second Life... I don't know actually o.0 I think Valentine's Day isn't just for lovers, but also for -spreading love-.

I think I'll give out some free roses or something to people who are lonely... everybody deserves a little love!
:)

Don't be stingy, love is free.

-Dj Luv Dlux

You're quite thoughtful. Loneliness is like boredom. Nobody is immune to it. You may need a lot of roses.

But is love really free? How many people can one person love? If you love too many people, how can any one recipient of your love feel special?

 

 

loneliness is like boredom ? well, not for me.... As i use to say to my friends with humor :smileywink:, when i spend time alone, im still spending time with the person i love the most and the one i fully may trust : ME. hehhehehe... 

I really think that pp who cant handle lonelyness cant really apreciate the others pp.. like they are with other pp just bec they want to flee their lonelyness.... well its my point of view... when im with other persons its a real choice i do, not for fleeing anything, but bec at this moment ive chosen to be with THIS or THESE persons precisely..(im not sure i translate my mindset in a clear english, sorry, its something already a lil complex to say in my own native language lol).

That said about a love definition, i aggree with Xillon, its not smth easy to define. If we are talking about love in the romance meaning... ive reached to the conclusion that its definitely not for me... bec im probably too much asking, or too much scared and i prefer for now to avoid such feeling... too much hurting and obviously too much complicated to manage for me. But i do consider that the love i feel for my friends or my family is still a love, and at the same level... for me the only difference is that there is not physical attraction. Id kill for my friends or family lol... They fill my heart and well, they may be RL or only virtual, for me the feeling is the same. I love them and i give to them the same loyalty, honnesty and faithfullness than i would owe to any lover.  

In france, sadly,  Vday is only for lovers in romantic sense, but i do apreciate that in others countries like i.e  in US, Vday is for all kind of love. This is a better way to see such day, imho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trinity and Xilion,

Love makes it possible to attach some, or all, of the compelling qualities associated with the ego - the model of the self - to models of other people. And not just possible - pleasurable. A pleasure reinforced by sex, but not restricted to the act. And not even restricted to sexual partners. Love is the belief - rewarded by the brain - that you know the people you love in almost the same fashion you know yourself.

That's according to Greg Egan in his novel Distress. I think he's on to something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well yes, as a rl librarian, i will answer you that love is always easier in books or movies.. indeed.. not same in RL...sadly....

Im still glad to have experimented love one time... (well not sure 100 % if im glad or not, but at least i knew this feeling)... but for the hurt and the pain that it can cause, im really not sure that its worthwide... you think its worthwide while you're in love of course, but then when all the ground disapear below your feet bec you learn that you have been lied, cheated, betrayed and all this romance was in fact just a fake... well... no, not for me, thanks... the dammages have been far biggest than the pleasures it gaves me... so well... i guess some pp can manage this.. i cant .....but this doesnt make me a pessimist person or a sad person, on the contrary, im the opposite... :smileyhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Xilion Iceberg wrote:

 

You might want to call what I feel towards the others something like affection... but I think that's too belittling. Affection is what I show a dog I have just met on the street. I honestly love to love people in a non-romantical way, and keep the romance and/or deep-caring-love-love for a select few.

 

To continue on this train of thought....

In the English language the word "love," as you say, can mean anything from "I love this movie" to "I love my spouse" and anything/everything in between.  The Greek language has four words for "love" that each have different meanings:

*Eros - The "sensual desire" type of love which is the root of the English word "erotic"

*Philia - In modern Greek this means "...friendship or affectionate love...It is a dispassionate virtuous love, a concept developed by Aristotle. It includes loyalty to friends, family, and community, and requires virtue, equality and familiarity."  Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in the US is called "The City of Brotherly Love" - its name taken from this Greek word for love.

*Agape - This is the Greek word for "love" that is found in the I Corinthians 13, referred to as "The Love Chapter" and often recited at weddings.  "Agape" is used by Christians to refer to the unconditional love of God.  In Ancient Greek it referred to "a general affection or deeper sense of "true love" rather than the attraction suggested by eros...It can also be described as the feeling of being content or holding one in high regard."

*Storge - "...means "affection" in ancient and modern Greek. It is natural affection, like that felt by parents for offspring. Rarely used in ancient works, and then almost exclusively as a descriptor of relationships within the family. It is also known to express mere acceptance or putting up with situations, as in "loving" the tyrant."

*References from Wiki (for some reason I get an error message when attempting to link the page)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only one time? It must be wonderful to be a librarian. Do you read? That would make you quite a catch:

Date a girl who reads because you deserve it. You deserve a girl who can give you the most colorful life imaginable. If you can only give her monotony, and stale hours and half-baked proposals, then you’re better off alone. If you want the world and the worlds beyond it, date a girl who reads.
       -Rosemarie Urquico

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Randall Ahren wrote:

Only one time? It must be wonderful to be a librarian. Do you read? That would make you quite a catch:

 

yes only one real time, other ones were not real love. ive been wise enought to stay far from this for a long time..i should have kept this way.. but i fell on someone obviously more strong than me who made me drop my guard...Well, nevermind...ive learnt from the lesson.

And yes, librarian is a real pleasant job... not well paid but really pleasant and interesting and it has a lot of diversity. But i dont read when im at work lol, im not paid for this, this would be wow awesome hehehehhe... my job is managing the library, managing the events we organize, do the reports, stats etc, represent library in various meeting, register books, manage the database etc.... 

but i still like to read of course, ive always read all along my life. unfortunately i dont have a lot of time now for it.. since 35 hours of my week are for my job, 35 other hours minimum are for my SL business and some others are for the daily task at home + i have a social life too etc... so well, i try to take 1 hour here and there for reading.

my favorite reading for fiction is the russian litterature from the 19°century, but i enjoy also some suspenses fiction or contemporain litterature... im not a lot into sci-fi or fantasy litterature btw althought i like this for cinema. 

i always have 2 or 3 books started... currently, im reading some Tchekhov's novels, + a french social supsense + a theoric book about virtual books.

Well, so now you know eveything lol

ive never considered being a librarian could be a plus for being dated lol... silly me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no Drake... i dont know this Pavel you talk about btw... mine is Anton...A great russian author from the 19° C.. you should give a try to his books... :smileywink:

According to what said Randall... it will makes you even more datable :smileyvery-happy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

i have over a thousand books in my home already. My wife finds me very datable.

ehehheheheh That's great so :smileywink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yay, a V Day thread!

Love & romance aside, as long as I have those little chocolate treats filled with marshmallow I'm good to go.  And of course the little red cinnamon :heart:'s - V Day would not be V Day without them.

Whatever else follows is gravy :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 


Trinity Yazimoto wrote:


Randall Ahren wrote:


Xilion Iceberg wrote:

As for Second Life... I don't know actually o.0 I think Valentine's Day isn't just for lovers, but also for -spreading love-.

I think I'll give out some free roses or something to people who are lonely... everybody deserves a little love!
:)

Don't be stingy, love is free.

-Dj Luv Dlux

You're quite thoughtful. Loneliness is like boredom. Nobody is immune to it. You may need a lot of roses.

But is love really free? How many people can one person love? If you love too many people, how can any one recipient of your love feel special?



 

loneliness is like boredom ? well, not for me.... As i use to say to my friends with humor :smileywink:, when i spend time alone, im still spending time with the person i love the most and the one i fully may trust : ME. hehhehehe... 

I really think that pp who cant handle lonelyness cant really apreciate the others pp.. like they are with other pp just bec they want to flee their lonelyness.... well its my point of view... when im with other persons its a real choice i do, not for fleeing anything, but bec at this moment ive chosen to be with THIS or THESE persons precisely..(im not sure i translate my mindset in a clear english, sorry, its something already a lil complex to say in my own native language lol).

That said about a love definition, i aggree with Xillon, its not smth easy to define. If we are talking about love in the romance meaning... ive reached to the conclusion that its definitely not for me... bec im probably too much asking, or too much scared and i prefer for now to avoid such feeling... too much hurting and obviously too much complicated to manage for me. But i do consider that the love i feel for my friends or my family is still a love, and at the same level... for me the only difference is that there is not physical attraction. Id kill for my friends or family lol... They fill my heart and well, they may be RL or only virtual, for me the feeling is the same. I love them and i give to them the same loyalty, honnesty and faithfullness than i would owe to any lover.  

In france, sadly,  Vday is only for lovers in romantic sense, but i do apreciate that in others countries like i.e  in US, Vday is for all kind of love. This is a better way to see such day, imho.

 

 

I've commented on Valentine's threads before and resisted doing so on this one until I read this post of yours. To start, Valenine's Day is very much for couples in the US, also. It has become a day that is picked out to be a day to express romantic love for someone. In that respect we are no different here than there in France.

In the US there is also a sort of non-romantic Valentine sharing. Schoolchildren bring Valentines for the whole class (or at least they did when I was one; presumably that's still the case). Nevertheless, the romantic love component is still the main driving force. Every couple has an anniversary; that date is special to them but only to them. Valentine's Day is special to couples if for no other reason than for some, there is yet to be an anniversary, or even a day 'when it started'.

I know it can be terribly upsetting for singles but I don't see a way around that. I'm single in SL. Not neccessarily on purpose but on purpose enough that I don't mind. Just the same, I won't be hanging around any popular couples' places on Valentine's Day.

It is a day for couples. I don't see why the fact I'm not part of one should stop them from celebrating the fact that they are.

 

Actually the thing that got me to reply the most was your comment about spending time with you. I am the same, SL and RL. I like my own company. I'm okay with me if for no other reason than that when I am someplace only with me, I can concentrate fullly on where I am and what I see. When I get tired of my own company I know I can always go home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is not directed at anyone in particular. My uncle posted this on FB and i had to share it.

You don't have a Valentine on Valentine's Day?

Some of us don't have a Mother on Mother's Day

or a Father on Father's day

so STFU!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Sephina Frostbite wrote:

Sadly I have none of the above....

Seeing as i was relieved of my duties.. i would be more than will to accompany youon Vday.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


valerie Inshan wrote:

Yes. :smileysad:

alone.jpg


oh ! So shame Czari and i didnt know .... Otherwise we would have invited you ... we had a pleasant afternoon chating while i was creating an outfit lol...  we would have been glad to add you to our conversation :smileyhappy:

btw you have an awesome bedroom !!!!!

 edit : grammar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0