i cant recive IMs from friends, but can send them,and cant buy anything inworld, help plz

Matthew Magnifico

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4053 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i have been using the catznip viewer and have had no issues untill today. i can send Ims to frineds but when they reply to me, it comes up that im off line, i get there messsages as offline messages, also when i try to buy things, it comes up with faild to buy, even tho i have more than enough lindens, i double checked on the linden dashboard and even that says i have enough lindens. can anyone help me please

3 answers to this question

Hi, probably the reason you can't buy might be caused by the inventory update for sl servers, I have lost 13000 items due to this but I am sure that the items will return in a few days, other than that what veiwer are you using? try Firestorm if the SL veiwer is not working and also check your veiwer preferences in detail, there might be something you checked off in chat :)

hope it works out!

Hello Matthew,

Welcome to SL Answers. At this time there are no grid-wide issues related to your problem.

If I may ask, Have you tried using an alternate Sl Viewer to see if the problem is also present using this?

Please also share with us your exact error messages when making purchases in-world.

Possibility

1) Many times your L$ balance is delayed if you are shopping in a region that is experiencing severe lag.

2) Sales may be delayed when the scripted object fails to display the purchase menu in a lagged region.

Second, not being able to receive messages usually is because of an SL session in a lagged out region. Try TPing to another region and see if you can message friends [and more importantly they can message you] successfully. If this is the issue, then you need to have the region you spend a lot of time in restarted.

If you have ever logged in to received a flush of old IMs you have experienced this before.

Please update your question [X] with your current status [X] with additional information as follows:

Select the Options drop-down menu to the right of your question and select Edit Question.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4053 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.