How can I get 1500 linden free ?

valerie Inshan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 952 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Sometimes it's impossible to pay for Lindens with RL money. What if you're struggling and can't afford to waste the little money you have for food and human needs on just a small aspect of a computer program? What if you just don't have a credit card? I don't want one, because I feel like they are unsafe.

• Like 1

If you can't or won't put in enough RL cash to give you L$1500 there are in world ways of doing it there are resident owned systems like Meetro or Linden game sims like paeleo quest and Linden Realms, Though with LR unless RyanPrins answer actually meant L$ it's more or less impossible to earn $24 RL from a hour in the realms if you put in a few hours every day realistically you could make up what you need in a week or two if you don't run in to the problem that someone takes offence at you ability to participate and employs them self and their alts to block all the crystals from rezzing so there's nothing for you to collect 

On 4/14/2017 at 4:58 AM, Lindal Kidd said:

Lots of people make this argument.  To them, I raise a skeptical eyebrow.  You can afford a high performance computer.  You can afford broadband internet.  So don't tell me you can't afford to buy $10 worth of $L.  If you're really struggling to put food on the table or a roof over your head, getting $L for Second Life should be the least of your concerns.

The "credit cards are unsafe" argument does not fly either.  Losses from stolen credit cards are limited by the CC companies themselves.  If you really object to CCs though, you can get a PayPal account, and link it to a RL bank account...unless you are going to claim that banks are unsafe, too.  Don't keep any more money in the bank account than you are prepared to lose, in case someone hacks your PayPal.

Sorry for the late reply, but it is actually a valid reasoning for people outside the US. Not every country has need for credit cards nor would it be handy for people who do not have much in RL to start with. A pre-paid card would be a option, but for some reason Linden Lab refuses to even look in to that (likely because of greed on their side). Third party sites to buy your Lindens from by using pre-paid cards is already blocked as well. Which leaves a lot of people dashing for scraps given by what ever way they still can grab it yet are forced to go trough a insane grind to get their lindens to at least some level of useful proportions. Most things that show up as decent items will be 500 L$ plus, which gives many people no other option then to save up and grind that insane amount to even get 1 item they want.

This while people that can pay by using bank cards or credit cards not having anything similar to this problem, which creates a problem as they keep shouting there is no problem and that people need to get a credit card etc. It's just plain misinformation and completely missing the point. Even rather hateful towards the people who don't have the same opportunities as the people who can afford a credit card. Even a paypal account needs bank information which some people simply can not do due to not being allowed. I am not talking about under aged kids using their parents credit cards, I mean people who have for example help to get their finances in order. Yes, these people need to worry about that first. However if there are no objections from the company that helps them out, or it is out of free will to counter possible problems as some people do have disabilities that may end up causing financial trouble. These people are also excluded because no one seems to give a damn because of credit card blah blah blah while completely ignore any other reason someone brings to the table.

I don't think it should be accepted to block out people who did nothing wrong aside from not having a credit card or having another way to pay aside from a pre-paid card (like paysafe cards). It is rather excluding people who do have money, but can not use it because of some stupid rules that were clearly not thought trough. It is causing potential customers to leave for other games with their money. I rather see Second Life flourish then seeing these people leave for other games and use their money there. It would be foolish to ignore customers only because of the credit card politics.

1 minute ago, Ethan Paslong said:

your whole rant about yes/no/not allowed/should accept is useless... and not needed, use paypal or skrill

Yet you don't give any good reasoning why only paypal or skrill, which not everyone can use for various reasons. Also it isn't a rant, it's coming with clear valid points, but I guess that went right past you as you already planned to ignore the clear facts and only listen to your own ideas. Not very social of you.

30 minutes ago, Xaria Mistwallow said:

Yet you don't give any good reasoning why only paypal or skrill,

it's no rocket science... only to buy L$ ... not reason enoug when CC isn't a option?

31 minutes ago, Xaria Mistwallow said:

I guess that went right past you as you already planned to ignore the clear facts

the clear facts are that LL needs to apply to LAWS that state they need verification of the personal info about users that pay or pull money out the game. That is not possible with prepaids or anonyous bankcards.

1 hour ago, Xaria Mistwallow said:

A pre-paid card would be a option, but for some reason Linden Lab refuses to even look in to that (likely because of greed on their side). 

52 minutes ago, Xaria Mistwallow said:

Yet you don't give any good reasoning why only paypal or skrill,

The reason has nothing to do with greed and everything to do with money laundering.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

Xaria, they don't have to give a reason for it; it's just their policy.  We don't have to give a reason for it either; we're just residents, and subject to the same policy.  We are just giving advice on how to work with the existing system.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Xaria Mistwallow said:

(a) So a company that doesn't need to give a reason for their policy to their customers? (b)In the US this may be no problem, but in pretty much the rest of the world this is against customer policies ;) (c) So yes, they do need to give a official statement

a. no

b. no

c. no

5 minutes ago, Xaria Mistwallow said:

Due to my autism I forced myself to take up a company to handle my financial stuff, this however does mean I can not use anything else then paysafe cards if I want anything online. Yet Linden Lab completely blocked me off now and thus I am wandering around being degraded to hunting gold bars and flowers just to get at least something. It takes up so much time that I can't even get anything else done, it makes the whole point of SL useless and rather insulting to what I have been doing since the first time I came in.

your  RL situation is no something LL is responsible for to solve.

There are several ways to control expenes or limits in that, you need to be at your handler for your financial things, not rant here.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Xaria Mistwallow said:

a,b,c. Believe what you want, unfortunately not everyone is known with the laws.

show where to find that?

For my handler, he actually gave me permission to use Paysafe cards.

It's degrading enough to have limitations while you have the money, but it's a further slap in the face if you are excluded from even something as basic as a video game. The problem is not about not wanting to pay, problem is not being able to due to limitations on their side. Aside from that, it isn't ranting to state the truth, regardless of how you wish to see it.

see..your handler.. so why blame LL for not accepting that stuff?.. you need to ask your handler for something you cán use.

You can disagree as much you want, it's totally at your side where the problem is. Not your personal choice to be in that position, but it's how it is.

You are not excluded from anything. It''s a simple limitation brought to you by the system you were put in by whoeverd decided to take you out of your financial  control.

I stay to it: your situation might be not what you want, but your rant here is not at the right place.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Xaria Mistwallow said:

So yes, they do need to give a official statement regarding paysafe cards and why they are not allowed as legal way of buying FAKE money.

Per the wiki, paysafecard is an acceptable form of payment.  Therefore, if you are having difficulties adding that method of payment, I suggest you call Billing Support.

Toll-Free (US/Canada): 800.294.1067
Long-Distance: 703.286.6277   
 Our Billing team is available from 9am to 6pm EST(6am to 3pm PST), Monday through Friday.

Relevant wiki page:  

9 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I may be a beach bum, but I would never drink that nasty water  :P

who would - we all know the Toodedloo avatar owners pee into that water...

jokes aside - I think it is useless to ridicule folks for a five year old thread - 1500L are simply a Rl hour of badly payed work - we have more than made clear that there is no such thing as a free lunch ...

On 4/13/2017 at 12:21 AM, LadyVitality said:

Yay, but but Linden Labs "Still Has" that rule about Monthly Limits on.... "Spending My Own US Real Life Dollars!!!"

All I came on SL To Do is... BUY Items & Occupy My Time, Suppose To Be... Enjoying passing my free time with SL!! But... "I AM LIMITED To Spend MY OWN Money!!"

Does Not Make Sense To Me!! And now... (after BEGGING 3x's) Linden Labs WON'T Increase my Buying Options, & I"M BORED!!

"Anyone interested in taking over... My AV's PROPERTY??"

I Want My Land I Just Purchased (a Homestead, so all you have to do is now pay monthly tier: $10.00 a week), & I Also Have... A Premium Account (which has another home inland, but owned by Linden & LIMITED)! Hence WHY....I purchased my own land, but now Can't Spend Money to do want I want!! I've already given to Linden Labs "Plenty... of My US Dollars.... & Now.... I Don't Want to Be On SL because of.... 'IT'S LIMITATIONS"of How Much One Can Spend of THEIR OWN MONEY!!

If your interested, look me up & contact me.... BEFORE.... LL gets All that I've Already Spent.... When I Quit!! Again!!!

Yeah this is against the Terms of service and it can result in the account being closed.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 952 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.