How can I get 1500 linden free ?

valerie Inshan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 979 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Do NOT beg for money in SL.  That will only make people mad at you, and may get you banned from places that you would like to visit.  Money is not free in SL or RL.  You work for it.  If you don't have money in Second Life, buy it on the Lindex with RL money.  That's the faster and easiest way, and it is honest.  Just save your coffee and donut money a couple of times a week and you will like like royalty in SL. 

If you are talented as a creator ( a builder, scripter, designer, or animator) or as a performer (a DJ, dancer, musician...), you can earn a good income in SL, but it's a lot of work and it does take talent and some investment of RL money to get started.  Unless you truly enjoy working -- many of us love it -- you can earn lots more money in a shorter time selling hamburgers in RL.

You can also earn small amouints of money by playing games and entering contests in SL.  Those can be fun, but remember that this is just like RL.  The house always wins.  People don't set up games and contests because they want to lose money.  They are advertizing, or getting you to spend your money on other things they sell, or trying to pump their popularity profile up, or --- in a very few cases, scamming you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ughpls Resident said:

Sometimes it's impossible to pay for Lindens with RL money. What if you're struggling and can't afford to waste the little money you have for food and human needs on just a small aspect of a computer program? What if you just don't have a credit card? I don't want one, because I feel like they are unsafe.

rubbish... you can afford a machine to run SL.. thats at least 300/400 dollars or up.. and you can't spend value of a cup of coffee?

If you really can't you need to reset your priorities.

Credit cards not safe? ...  getting up from bed in the morning has a bigger risk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/8/2017 at 4:15 AM, ughpls Resident said:

Sometimes it's impossible to pay for Lindens with RL money. What if you're struggling and can't afford to waste the little money you have for food and human needs on just a small aspect of a computer program? What if you just don't have a credit card? I don't want one, because I feel like they are unsafe.

Lots of people make this argument.  To them, I raise a skeptical eyebrow.  You can afford a high performance computer.  You can afford broadband internet.  So don't tell me you can't afford to buy $10 worth of $L.  If you're really struggling to put food on the table or a roof over your head, getting $L for Second Life should be the least of your concerns.

The "credit cards are unsafe" argument does not fly either.  Losses from stolen credit cards are limited by the CC companies themselves.  If you really object to CCs though, you can get a PayPal account, and link it to a RL bank account...unless you are going to claim that banks are unsafe, too.  Don't keep any more money in the bank account than you are prepared to lose, in case someone hacks your PayPal.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LadyVitality said:

Yay, but but Linden Labs "Still Has" that rule about Monthly Limits on.... "Spending My Own US Real Life Dollars!!!"

All I came on SL To Do is... BUY Items & Occupy My Time, Suppose To Be... Enjoying passing my free time with SL!! But... "I AM LIMITED To Spend MY OWN Money!!"

Does Not Make Sense To Me!! And now... (after BEGGING 3x's) Linden Labs WON'T Increase my Buying Options, & I"M BORED!!

"Anyone interested in taking over... My AV's PROPERTY??"

I Want My Land I Just Purchased (a Homestead, so all you have to do is now pay monthly tier: $10.00 a week), & I Also Have... A Premium Account (which has another home inland, but owned by Linden & LIMITED)! Hence WHY....I purchased my own land, but now Can't Spend Money to do want I want!! I've already given to Linden Labs "Plenty... of My US Dollars.... & Now.... I Don't Want to Be On SL because of.... 'IT'S LIMITATIONS"of How Much One Can Spend of THEIR OWN MONEY!!

If your interested, look me up & contact me.... BEFORE.... LL gets All that I've Already Spent.... When I Quit!! Again!!!

Be very careful.  The TOS (sect 4.1) says very clearly, "You may not sell, transfer or assign your Account or its contractual rights, licenses and obligations, to any third party (including, for the avoidance of doubt, permitting another individual to access your Account) without the prior written consent of Linden Lab."  Your Premium membership is not transferable.  You and the buyer can get in trouble if you try. 

You have been in SL since March 25, so if you bought L$ during your first week in SL, you should now be able to buy up to $300 worth per month.  That's more than enough to pay for the land you described and have loads left over for other uses. If you are patient, your credit limit will rise with time.  View the table at https://secondlife.com/my/lindex/describe-limits.php  My own limit is $1999/month, should I ever want to use that much.  As with any RL business, you get better trading/buying consideration after you have established yourself as a good credit risk. A couple of weeks in world is not enough time.

16 hours ago, LadyVitality said:

Yay, but but Linden Labs "Still Has" that rule about Monthly Limits on.... "Spending My Own US Real Life Dollars!!!"

All I came on SL To Do is... BUY Items & Occupy My Time, Suppose To Be... Enjoying passing my free time with SL!! But... "I AM LIMITED To Spend MY OWN Money!!"

Does Not Make Sense To Me!! And now... (after BEGGING 3x's) Linden Labs WON'T Increase my Buying Options, & I"M BORED!!

"Anyone interested in taking over... My AV's PROPERTY??"

I Want My Land I Just Purchased (a Homestead, so all you have to do is now pay monthly tier: $10.00 a week), & I Also Have... A Premium Account (which has another home inland, but owned by Linden & LIMITED)! Hence WHY....I purchased my own land, but now Can't Spend Money to do want I want!! I've already given to Linden Labs "Plenty... of My US Dollars.... & Now.... I Don't Want to Be On SL because of.... 'IT'S LIMITATIONS"of How Much One Can Spend of THEIR OWN MONEY!!

If your interested, look me up & contact me.... BEFORE.... LL gets All that I've Already Spent.... When I Quit!! Again!!!

The low monthly limit is only in effect for the first few weeks after you first buy $L.  It's a security measure to prevent "money laundering", people using stolen credit cards to buy $L and then cashing them out.  Unless you plan on spending really huge amounts of money, the limits shouldn't prove all that bothersome.  Your comments on land are sort of confusing.  You can't "purchase a Homestead" unless you already have purchased an entire full Private Region ($600 USD plus $295/mo USD).  If you leased land on a private estate, whether on a Full region or a Homestead region, that arrangement is between you and another resident, the Estate Owner.  Some Estate Owners allow you pay your fees to them in either $L or in $USD, via PayPal, so if you choose one that offers that, any $L purchase limits will not affect you at all.

Instead of ranting, you'd be better off to actually read the details about purchasing land or renting it from another resident, and also the details on $L purchasing limits.  They're in the Knowledge Base, and aren't secret.

Meanwhile, if you're bored, I suggest that even if you have unlimited funds shopping for virtual goods is only a temporary cure for it.  If you want something that will keep you occupied for years and years, learn to make things.  If you get good at it, you can sell them and MAKE money, instead of spending it.  Then, when you are a rich, successful SL creator/merchant, you can come back and rant about the limits LL puts on SELLING $L and taking money out of SL.

Sure!

Pay for a Premium membership for a couple of months.

You will get $L300 per week, and after 45 days you will get a one time $L 1,000 bonus.  So you will be well over your goal of $L1,500.

What, you say, that's not free!  I had to pay $9.95 USD per month!  That is, of course, one way to look at it.  Another way to look at it is that you paid that money for the ability to own Mainland, get a free Linden Home, and get better tech support...and the $L payments are a free bonus.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 979 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.