How to check, if Marketplace distributions are still active/inactive?

Izobel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4097 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The Situation is this you make an item with your business partner and your business partner is selling the item at the marketplace with the distribution of 30% for you.

Then you receive an email, that the item is listed and you see the name of your business partner and the distribution and when the distribution has been created and the link to the marketplace item.

Now my questions are:

x How can I see the item has still a distribution?

X How can I proof, that the item was not deleted, after making a distribution and reuploaded to the marketplace without distribution of 30%? I have never received an email that the item and your distribution has been deleted or canceled.

X Does the marketplace send you an email about distribution cancel at all?

X Does it mean, that a distribution has been canceled, if the link in the distribution email leads not to the item and shows the main marketplace website instead.

I didn't find any answers so I ask here.

Thanks

Greetings Izobel

I'm in the opposite role as you, I'm the one who lists the pages on the marketplace, and make distributions to others.

As far as I'm aware there is no way for you to see if your merchant still uses the distribution. It is just a matter of trust. Neither do you have any insight in the sales of the items. I sent my co creators financial reports every month by hand, because the marketplace does not provide these.

I don't know if you receive an email when the distribution is cancelled, I never cancelled one. But my guess is that you don't. This whole marketplace is build without taking co creators in account.

This is exactly why we need the ability to have a co-owner in a MP store that can check a listing independently. 

No matter how much you trust someone, always verify periodically as Porky suggested.  I've had people that were long term friends that I thought I could trust completely rip me off by changing a split profit.  I won't get involved in any such deals any more due to that experience.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

I've had people that were long term friends that I thought I could trust completely rip me off by changing a split profit.  I won't get involved in any such deals any more due to that experience.

I'm sorry to hear this happened to you, Amethyst. A hard way to learn who your friends really are...

They made a bad choice. I believe they had been better off with working to together and keeping the partnership good, then with ripping you off, not only in morally.

Madeliefste Oh wrote:

I'm sorry to hear this happened to you, Amethyst. A hard way to learn who your friends really are...

They made a bad choice. I believe they had been better off with working to together and keeping the partnership good, then with ripping you off, not only in morally.

Sometimes a partnership can work for years in SL but can still end in betrayal if one member of the partnership decides they have had enough. We should never grow too trustful of our SL business partners unless we really get to know and trust the real person behind the avatar,

There was a partnership in operation for over 6 years and they owned one of the most successful prefab brands in the history of SL. But after years of trust and working together one of the partners ended up betraying the other and ripping them off for thousands of USD. So even the most successful and seemingly unbreakable partnerships can end in betrayal because the majority of the users of SL always maintain some level of anonymity that allows them to leave SL in any manner they choose, generally without any repercussion in the real world.

Porky Gorky wrote:

Sometimes a partnership can work for years in SL but can still end in betrayal if one member of the partnership decides they have had enough. We should never grow too trustful of our SL business partners unless we really get to know and trust the real person behind the avatar,

You meen like meeting in rl? That does not give you any garantee either. It happens in rl businesses as well that one partner cheats another.

People from SL who I call friends are people where I experience I have to do with the real person behind the avatar. You cannot see much more in RL by looking someone in the face, then in SL by looking someone in the soul.

I guess I'm just lucky with the people I meet in SL, so far I have never had any problems or conflicts about money with business partners. I'm not sure I would trust someone to take care of my copyrighted content, but in one way or another it is always happens the other way around, people trust me to take care of their content.

I cannot think of one thing that could happen to me, that would make I would cheat one of them. The pleasure of working together, of sharing ideas and thoughts, of discussing designs, of being friends beyond the work, sharing joy and sorrow, those are all values no money can buy.

Madeliefste Oh wrote:

Porky Gorky wrote:

You meen like meeting in rl? That does not give you any garantee either. It happens in rl businesses as well that one partner cheats another.

People from SL who I call friends are people where I experience I have to do with the real person behind the avatar. You cannot see much more in RL by looking someone in the face, then in SL by looking someone in the soul.

I guess I'm just lucky with the people I meet in SL, so far I have never had any problems or conflicts about money with business partners. I'm not sure I would trust someone to take care of my copyrighted content, but in one way or another it is always happens the other way around, people trust me to take care of their content.

I cannot think of one thing that could happen to me, that would make I would cheat one of them. The pleasure of working together, of sharing ideas and thoughts, of discussing designs, of being friends beyond the work, sharing joy and sorrow, those are all values no money can buy.

You make a good point.  There are ppl in SL I would trust if I needed to  This is not just because we are good friends, but because the people I am good friends with have a certain set of values which include integrity and honesty. 

Madeliefste Oh wrote:

This ^

And I would always go back to remembering the 5 years of exactly this. And it's what I miss most of all. The money is nothing.

We never set up distributions. I'm also glad they never set up joint MP stores, and maybe they never should....because that would cause arguments about money and workload etc. When we create together we just decided who will sell what.

I would help him with textures and he would help me with scripts or any other techy thing like making animated water, waves and spray. He even told me what to do with a sculpt map. But the most important help is the what Madeliefste said above.

So I hope he gets second wind soon.

Dartagan Shepherd wrote:

I'll limit my response to: Good deal.

Commenting further would be fraternizing.

I think that is very generous under the circumstances.

My response is more sort of like......"Bleh" with a disinterested sideways look to the left because I thought I heard a pin drop.

Madeliefste Oh wrote:

Porky Gorky wrote:

I guess it is all relative to our life experiences. That generally dictates how trustful you are of people as well as how trustworthy a person is themselves. Comparing how we all trust, or don't trust other people is pointless as we have all come from different backgrounds and have had different experiences relating to trust. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4097 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.