If you could suggest a male AO...

MasambaFreeman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4064 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

...what AO would you suggest?

I am looking around for a male AO, and I am curious as to what ones people would suggest.

I am a laid back man and my roleplay character is equally easy-going and un-athletic, so I would prefer to avoid AOs which have a lot of bouncing around, painful-looking contortions, or arrogant he-man poses.

Thank you for reading.

Personally, I put together my own by using the AO function of Phoenix and Firestorm. It means spending a little time traveling to various animations stores, but you end up with the animations that you want and not paying for ones you don't. Putting together a notecard is fairly easy to do.

Third one for Oracul!:matte-motes-kiss:

It's worth checking their store, they have a "Math teacher AO" and this one from the MP is on sale: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/ORACUL-Intelligent-AO/572771?page=5

Their full price AO's are 300 L. If you can edit an empty AO, you can buy just single stands and walks, they cost 10L!

I use Vista Animation's "The Boss". The Marketplace only lists the extended edition:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/VISTA-ANIMATIONS-THE-BOSS-EXTENDED-EDITION/2999652

but there's a basic edition available in-world for about half the price. I used to use their "Business Man" AO but after a while I grew tired of how wooden the standing poses appeared.

I second just learning how to make your own AO. Vista Animations offers a free HUD that comes with a notecard that explains EVERYTHING. It is really easy. Once you have you HUD together and organized, you can collect different animations you like and add them individually, instead of using a copy and paste set.

Value wise...Oracul has hands down the best value for a full AO. They also offer a free hud. You can then buy single animations for L$10 each.

To pay $100 for an animation after looking at Oracul to me is just a waste of money. Oracul does have some jumpy ao's as well. On the flip side, they do have posing animations, and ones that do not move around much at all.

One of the key things for me is an AO that has animations that are not jumpy from one to the next. Like going from walking into a circle, then being snapped back to stand like a statue. That just irritates the hell out of me xD.

I second Oracul.

I would suggest getting the intelligent man AO....

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/ORACUL-Intelligent-AO/572771?page=1

and taking copies of the anims from the hud and adding to firestorms AO and then adding a few other anims that take your fancy from the other AOs they sell.

The Oracul Ao itself supports superrjumping and stuff which is good for some things, but for everyday use Firestorm's AO is simplest (drag and drop no notecards) and has advantage of not using any scripts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4064 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.