Has anyone encountered a stuck animation at server level?

Mindolae Destiny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4100 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Starting the night of February 25th, i have experienced a problem with a stuck animation. The following are the pertinent facts:

The animation is associated with a swim ao that i had. i believe the animation name is "UP", and is associated with the "fly" action.

After removing the AO, this animation has remained active while on my home sim. I am not permanently in the animation.  Rather, It is invoked when I first log on, when i arrive from a tp, or when i sit on almost any poseball. Following arrival from tp or logon, it normally stops on its own, but has occasionally continued. In these cases it does respond to Stop All Animations.

When invoked from sitting on a poseball, it does not stop. Using Stop All Animations has no impact on it. I have encountered several poses that it does not override, but they are in the minority.

The animation is only active on my home sim. I have tested for it on another Magnum build (Magnum Sandbox 1) and it is not active there. It is active at all locations within my home sim, not just on my home parcel. The sim was restarted was part of the Magnum distribution on Wednesday, 30 February. The problem remains.

I have attempted to rewear the AO and disable it that way, with negative results.

I have removed all attachments and HUDS, and performed a Character Test to revert to a base avatar. Again with negative results. The animation was still there.

i have searched the sim for any stray items i own and have removed them. There were no instances of the swim AO.

I have logged in with another viewer and the problem remained.

It is apparent to me at this point that the problem is server side, but I am at a loss to determine how to get it corrected.

1 answer to this question

Animations don't run in the servers.  They run entiirely in your client viewer. 

When you have a stuck animation, it is usually easy to stop with either the Stop Al Animations option in your viewer or with a free animation stopping device.  If that doesn't work, it's because the script that is animating you is still active and is retriggering the animation continuously.  A script has to be in an object, but the object could either be on your avatar (as an attachment) or somewhere on the same sim with you.  You can tell the difference by teleporting to a different sim.  If the animation stops, then the object is on the previous sim.  If it doesn't, it is on you.

Finding an animation on yourself is usually quite easy.  Just start taking off attachments until it stops.  It may be in hair or clothing, or it may be in some tiny transparent object that could b buried inside you.  Search in your inventory to see everything you are wearing.

Finding an animation on your sim can be a real bear.  You can use a beacon (CTRL+Shift + Alt + N) to highlight all scripted objects around you and then check them laboriously untl you find the right one.  If you know the name or the owner of the thing, you can use the Area Search tool in your Firestorm, Phoenix, ro CoolVR viewer. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4100 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.