Jump to content
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3007 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts


Porky Gorky wrote:

 

After that I will set my sights on Caledonia. I will wipe the smirk off of Shang's face and 
will take their steampunk bustles, fob watches and monocles and grind them to a fine powder which I shall then snort off of Desmonds naked posterior. I don't like steampunk. 


*Discreetly inches away bit by bit until I'm out of line of sight...saddle my horse and race to alert the Caledonian Cavaliers, Brigade, ocean watch groups, etc. then hasten to the Guv'nah's mansion and beg an audience to warn him.

<---- Part time Caledonian.  Not much into Steampunk myself but do enjoy the Victorian era.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would do the same as I do now: create meshes, create textures, run some shops and have a good talk with a friend now and then.

There are also some things that I would do different, I would hire one or more people to support my business. I could use at least a marketing manager, but also a business manager, a photographer, a machinima maker, an animator and a sound artist and a lobbyist.

So the time I spend now on marketing and adminstration and such I would spend on communicating with people who are willing (and paid well) to add their own creativity to my enterprise.

Link to post
Share on other sites


Czari Zenovka wrote:


Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

well, i would take Czari with me and we would visit every fun place in SL... we would practice ice skating, sailing, dancing, well, also visit a lot of art gallery, and every hour we would sit in a coffee shop and enjoy some tea while we will still babbling.... 

i hope she will be ok for a so busy schedule.. and im ok for sharing the salary of course...

and of course, if it happens that  you wont be watching at us, indeed, we wont run in every stores for shopping No no no.... 

Awwww, thank you for looking out for me, Trinity.  *Hugs*  That sounds absolutely lovely, fun, and relaxing.

@Porky - First I would have to know what your requirements are for my SL duties that would earn a RL salary.  I would address those duties and make sure they are done well. To me it sounded like the 60 hours would be work for pay unless I misunderstood and it was more of a

"You've just won the lottery...what will you do" question.  In that case, I'll go hang with Trinity and perhaps she would teach French to me and we could do a European tour.  I would reciprocate, of course, and take her on a virtual tour of the US.
:)

Yay !!! :smileywink: This sound like an awesome plan ! hehehhehe

See, Porky, you will get 2 for the price of one ! When do we start ? you may send the contracts right now :smileylol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would continuously run different operating systems finding new and creative ways to make sl run on everything. I would spend some time on each and every viewer, in Winxp, win7, win8, Android (GB, ICS, and JB) Linux Mint, LMDE, Ubuntu (probably 11, since it seems that 12 is where it all went wrong), Debian, mandriva, and OpenSuse just to see how different the experience is. then I would port the x86 versions to the ARM archetecture, and virtualize ARM in x86.

After all that, i would try to convince someone with more than the middle class resources that you're willing to give me to make a cloud based viewer so that I could use a server as my desktop at my laptop to run sl. And if I succeeded at that, then I would use my phone, in Unity, to access the server that accesses the server just to see how far downstream I can go.

Link to post
Share on other sites


solstyse wrote:

 Ubuntu (probably 11, since it seems that 12 is where it all went wrong)

Huh ?!  ..... Running Ubuntu 12.10 ( with KDE 4.9.4 ) . Nothing wrong with it.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites


TDD123 wrote:


solstyse wrote:

 Ubuntu (probably 11, since it seems that 12 is where it all went wrong)

Huh ?!  ..... Running Ubuntu 12.10 ( with KDE 4.9.4 ) . Nothing wrong with it.

 

 

 

On my pc, that distro won't run sl. I've been reading into it, and I come upon some info about libfontconfig issues. I'm not sure if those have been fixed or not. But then AMD only offers the proper drivers on my PC for 12.04 and below. I'm a huge fan of proprietary drivers. My version of Ubuntu was running the Unity desktop. But that was before I discovered Linux Mint. When I saw the Cinnamon desktop it was love at first sight. But mint is available based on either Ubuntu or on Debian.

When I scoured reviews, I got the impression that between the font issues and the driver issues, Ubuntu and Ubuntu based systems were more problematic in terms of compatibility starting with version 12.04 than in previous distros. And when I was running older versions of Ubuntu, it just worked. Now it doesn't for me. (I'm currently running Linux Mint 14, which is based on Ubuntu 12.10.)

Now, everything I've read has me thinking that the best solution for me is to go to the debian based version of Mint. I can be misinterpreting that though. To tell the truth, I'm a Linux novice. Not as clueless as a Noob, but still probably what would be considered below average.

So I guess  I mean if you can give me any advice, I would greatly appreciate it. If you'd rather start a seperate thread where we can get all technical instead of jacking this thread, just give the word. I'd be glad to learn.

Link to post
Share on other sites

solstyse wrote:

If you'd rather start a seperate thread where we can get all technical instead of jacking this thread, just give the word. I'd be glad to learn.

Word.

You best start the thread though. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites


Trinity Yazimoto wrote:


Czari Zenovka wrote:


Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

well, i would take Czari with me and we would visit every fun place in SL... we would practice ice skating, sailing, dancing, well, also visit a lot of art gallery, and every hour we would sit in a coffee shop and enjoy some tea while we will still babbling.... 

i hope she will be ok for a so busy schedule.. and im ok for sharing the salary of course...

and of course, if it happens that  you wont be watching at us, indeed, we wont run in every stores for shopping No no no.... 

Awwww, thank you for looking out for me, Trinity.  *Hugs*  That sounds absolutely lovely, fun, and relaxing.

@Porky - First I would have to know what your requirements are for my SL duties that would earn a RL salary.  I would address those duties and make sure they are done well. To me it sounded like the 60 hours would be work for pay unless I misunderstood and it was more of a

"You've just won the lottery...what will you do" question.  In that case, I'll go hang with Trinity and perhaps she would teach French to me and we could do a European tour.  I would reciprocate, of course, and take her on a virtual tour of the US.
:)

Yay !!! :smileywink: This sound like an awesome plan ! hehehhehe

See, Porky, you will get 2 for the price of one ! When do we start ? you may send the contracts right now :smileylol:

*Gracefully takes a seat at the conference table next to Trinity and across from Porky.  Opens my portfolio and takes pen in slender, meticulously manicured fingers.  Leans over to Trinity to converse with her quietly with Trinity nodding seriously.*

Let's get started, shall we?

(Private convo with Trinity:  "We need to make sure we have time for "that contest" written into the contract.)

Link to post
Share on other sites


Czari Zenovka wrote:


Trinity Yazimoto wrote:


Czari Zenovka wrote:


Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

well, i would take Czari with me and we would visit every fun place in SL... we would practice ice skating, sailing, dancing, well, also visit a lot of art gallery, and every hour we would sit in a coffee shop and enjoy some tea while we will still babbling.... 

i hope she will be ok for a so busy schedule.. and im ok for sharing the salary of course...

and of course, if it happens that  you wont be watching at us, indeed, we wont run in every stores for shopping No no no.... 

Awwww, thank you for looking out for me, Trinity.  *Hugs*  That sounds absolutely lovely, fun, and relaxing.

@Porky - First I would have to know what your requirements are for my SL duties that would earn a RL salary.  I would address those duties and make sure they are done well. To me it sounded like the 60 hours would be work for pay unless I misunderstood and it was more of a

"You've just won the lottery...what will you do" question.  In that case, I'll go hang with Trinity and perhaps she would teach French to me and we could do a European tour.  I would reciprocate, of course, and take her on a virtual tour of the US.
:)

Yay !!! :smileywink: This sound like an awesome plan ! hehehhehe

See, Porky, you will get 2 for the price of one ! When do we start ? you may send the contracts right now :smileylol:

*Gracefully takes a seat at the conference table next to Trinity and across from Porky.  Opens my portfolio and takes pen in slender, meticulously manicured fingers.  Leans over to Trinity to converse with her quietly with Trinity nodding seriously.*

Let's get started, shall we?

(Private convo with Trinity:  "We need to make sure we have time for "that contest" written into the contract.)

wow, i didnt even came with a pen :matte-motes-sunglasses-1:hoping that Porky would provide one... Well, so may i use yours Czari ? As an employee, im expecting that Porky will provide the contract .... 

(to Czari.... we will have time for any contest.... i will send to Porky a generous blonde female avi that will take him enough distracted for he forget to watch to us....and we will need to remind our boss that he said the timework is only 37,5 hours per week so it will remain a lot of time for us to spend this money we will earn wich so much effort :smileywink:)

Link to post
Share on other sites


Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

 

wow, i didnt even came with a pen :matte-motes-sunglasses-1:hoping that Porky would provide one... Well, so may i use yours Czari ? As an employee, im expecting that Porky will provide the contract .... 

(
to Czari.... we will have time for any contest.... i will send to Porky a generous blonde female avi that will take him enough distracted for he forget to watch to us....and we will need to remind our boss that he said the timework is only 37,5 hours per week so it will remain a lot of time for us to spend this money we will earn wich so much effort :smileywink:)

*Takes out another pen and hands it to Trinity with a smile*

"I've learned to be prepared in the corporate shark pit, jungle, world.  We need to make sure the 37.5 hours is the total or, since there are two of us, 60 hours total with each of us responsible for half."

Link to post
Share on other sites


Czari Zenovka wrote:


Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

 

wow, i didnt even came with a pen :matte-motes-sunglasses-1:hoping that Porky would provide one... Well, so may i use yours Czari ? As an employee, im expecting that Porky will provide the contract .... 

(
to Czari.... we will have time for any contest.... i will send to Porky a generous blonde female avi that will take him enough distracted for he forget to watch to us....and we will need to remind our boss that he said the timework is only 37,5 hours per week so it will remain a lot of time for us to spend this money we will earn wich so much effort :smileywink:)

*Takes out another pen and hands it to Trinity with a smile*

"I've learned to be prepared in the corporate
shark pit
,
jungle
, world.  We need to make sure the 37.5 hours is the total or, since there are two of us, 60 hours total with each of us responsible for half."

/me smiles to Czari  "oh thanks for the pen :))"

Let s be really clear on the hours of work required... Porky said 37,5 for a middle class salary... so its up to him... Or we divide the 37,5 hours per 2 since we are 2 and he will give only one salary that we will share... Or.... well if he wants to give 2 salaries, one per person, so we will work for him during 37,5 hours indeed...

@ Porky : by what do you want we start ? Do you want we polish your shoes ? hum.... how many pairs of shoes do you have ?:smileyvery-happy:

Link to post
Share on other sites


Storm Clarence wrote:


Thinkerer Melville wrote:

I don't have to pretend and you don't have to pretend.  I am comortably retired and spend 40 - 60 hours/week  in sl or on actvities related to SL.  Furthermore, I have already provided a report of the things I am attending to.  See my blog:

TKR 

Applauds!

 

are you one hand clapping???

jejejejjee (:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites


Czari Zenovka wrote:


Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

 

wow, i didnt even came with a pen :matte-motes-sunglasses-1:hoping that Porky would provide one... Well, so may i use yours Czari ? As an employee, im expecting that Porky will provide the contract .... 

(
to Czari.... we will have time for any contest.... i will send to Porky a generous blonde female avi that will take him enough distracted for he forget to watch to us....and we will need to remind our boss that he said the timework is only 37,5 hours per week so it will remain a lot of time for us to spend this money we will earn wich so much effort :smileywink:)

*Takes out another pen and hands it to Trinity with a smile*

"I've learned to be prepared in the corporate
shark pit
,
jungle
, world.  We need to make sure the 37.5 hours is the total or, since there are two of us, 60 hours total with each of us responsible for half."

can join my union if you want. we fight for your rights against unscrupulous bosses. is heaps of them. evol

like we demand

- 2 hour lunch breaks and no return to work afterwards if we had to many and cant be bothered

- 4 makeup breaks a day of 30 minutes each. can take them whenever you need to bc is not good if you don't fix yourself immediately. like can take as 1 break of 2 hours if you want bc sometimes have to repair your nails. so can go to the salon. which the employer have to pay for btw

- we dont make coffee or tea or drinks or snacks and nibbles for anyone. they can make their own. same their typing and filing and keeping their diary and stuff. they not useless you know. like they not got painted on arms. they can also answer their own phones as well

- we demand admin rights to the emails and messages tho. just so we can be kept informed on everything. so we can tell anyone what asks us about stuff. specially stuff marked private confidential and souper sekrit bc they obvious don't apply to us

and every Friday afternoon off on full pay. bc we have to get ready to go out clubbing later on so that potential customers can know that we interested in them. is quite draining that. like everyone wants to be your friend. so we need to rest up for it

and Monday mornings as well. bc Mondays sux and is a sin to make people come in early on that day

 

jejejeje (:

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to start a Production Company, to make Movies in SL. 

The Studio could also produce, and broadcast, MP Video product tours (commercials, you tube, or SL tv)

Create a Builders Group, and sponsor a Regional Sandbox, to scout for new talent, and to stay up to date on the latest builds.

Create several additional Groups, and a few Advocacy Groups.

Start a land-Advert company, begin purchasing mainland micros.

Create several Co-op Web based initiatives, which may compliment SL, and generate revenue in SL.

Create an Inworld Store / MP Store, offering a Builders product listing service. (profit share)

Create a Charitable Group, to support other favorable Groups in SL.

Create a few more Groups. (lol, can't tell you all my ideas)

Ask,... beg, a certain Company to join SL.

Finish the things left undone.

That's about enough, to get started.

Oh yeah, the Hub idea..., add 1 more Region.


A Build team, in each Time Zone, would also be helpful.

and a couple bilingual people.

and some shirts, and online indicators.. ok I'm done. for now :)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites


16 wrote:


Czari Zenovka wrote:


Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

 

wow, i didnt even came with a pen :matte-motes-sunglasses-1:hoping that Porky would provide one... Well, so may i use yours Czari ? As an employee, im expecting that Porky will provide the contract .... 

(
to Czari.... we will have time for any contest.... i will send to Porky a generous blonde female avi that will take him enough distracted for he forget to watch to us....and we will need to remind our boss that he said the timework is only 37,5 hours per week so it will remain a lot of time for us to spend this money we will earn wich so much effort :smileywink:)

*Takes out another pen and hands it to Trinity with a smile*

"I've learned to be prepared in the corporate
shark pit
,
jungle
, world.  We need to make sure the 37.5 hours is the total or, since there are two of us, 60 hours total with each of us responsible for half."

can join my union if you want. we fight for your rights against unscrupulous bosses. is heaps of them. evol

like we demand

- 2 hour lunch breaks and no return to work afterwards if we had to many and cant be bothered

- 4 makeup breaks a day of 30 minutes each. can take them whenever you need to bc is not good if you don't fix yourself immediately. like can take as 1 break of 2 hours if you want bc sometimes have to repair your nails. so can go to the salon. which the employer have to pay for btw

- we dont make coffee or tea or drinks or snacks and nibbles for anyone. they can make their own. same their typing and filing and keeping their diary and stuff. they not useless you know. like they not got painted on arms. they can also answer their own phones as well

- we demand admin rights to the emails and messages tho. just so we can be kept informed on everything. so we can tell anyone what asks us about stuff. specially stuff marked private confidential and souper sekrit bc they obvious don't apply to us

and every Friday afternoon off on full pay. bc we have to get ready to go out clubbing later on so that potential customers can know that we interested in them. is quite draining that. like everyone wants to be your friend. so we need to rest up for it

and Monday mornings as well. bc Mondays sux and is a sin to make people come in early on that day

 

jejejeje (:

 

 

*Makes note to contact Trinity re: putting 16 on a retainer as our legal representation.*

Link to post
Share on other sites


Czari Zenovka wrote:


16 wrote:


Czari Zenovka wrote:


Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

 

wow, i didnt even came with a pen :matte-motes-sunglasses-1:hoping that Porky would provide one... Well, so may i use yours Czari ? As an employee, im expecting that Porky will provide the contract .... 

(
to Czari.... we will have time for any contest.... i will send to Porky a generous blonde female avi that will take him enough distracted for he forget to watch to us....and we will need to remind our boss that he said the timework is only 37,5 hours per week so it will remain a lot of time for us to spend this money we will earn wich so much effort :smileywink:)

*Takes out another pen and hands it to Trinity with a smile*

"I've learned to be prepared in the corporate
shark pit
,
jungle
, world.  We need to make sure the 37.5 hours is the total or, since there are two of us, 60 hours total with each of us responsible for half."

can join my union if you want. we fight for your rights against unscrupulous bosses. is heaps of them. evol

like we demand

- 2 hour lunch breaks and no return to work afterwards if we had to many and cant be bothered

- 4 makeup breaks a day of 30 minutes each. can take them whenever you need to bc is not good if you don't fix yourself immediately. like can take as 1 break of 2 hours if you want bc sometimes have to repair your nails. so can go to the salon. which the employer have to pay for btw

- we dont make coffee or tea or drinks or snacks and nibbles for anyone. they can make their own. same their typing and filing and keeping their diary and stuff. they not useless you know. like they not got painted on arms. they can also answer their own phones as well

- we demand admin rights to the emails and messages tho. just so we can be kept informed on everything. so we can tell anyone what asks us about stuff. specially stuff marked private confidential and souper sekrit bc they obvious don't apply to us

and every Friday afternoon off on full pay. bc we have to get ready to go out clubbing later on so that potential customers can know that we interested in them. is quite draining that. like everyone wants to be your friend. so we need to rest up for it

and Monday mornings as well. bc Mondays sux and is a sin to make people come in early on that day

 

jejejeje (:

 

 

*Makes note to contact Trinity re: putting 16 on a retainer as our legal representation.*

oh yeah !! Althought i have to confess i dont often understand what shes saying lol bec obviously this cheeky 16 is too lazy for puting pronoun and shes merciless with a poor french girl like me who has not a great english language...... but its ok, Czari, you will translate for me.... 

@16 : Althought you are merciless with me; :smileywink: you are hired as our legal representation ! 

Btw.... now we are the complete team... i just remind you, girls, that we have already a task since long, about Phil naked's audition... Well im sure Porky will pay us an extra for this ! :smileyvery-happy:

@Porky, you should tell pp to not apply anymore bec you have the best team you may ever dream. Tell everyone the job is already given and send the contracts, the money... and let's pop up a bottle of champagne...

Well since the hours of work will be divided by 3, i wont need to leave my rl job (that i like) and it will be still far less than the time im usually spending in SL, so i will have time to go on designing for my SL brand aswell... But really, thanks Porky... its really generous from you ! i will consider maybe that im going to buy an entire sim with your money:smileyvery-happy:

Link to post
Share on other sites


Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

 

Well since the hours of work will be divided by 3, i wont need to leave my rl job (that i like) and it will be still far less than the time im usually spending in SL, so i will have time to go on designing for my SL brand aswell... But really, thanks Porky... its really generous from you !
i will consider maybe that im going to buy an entire sim with your money
:smileyvery-happy:

(Emphasis mine)

 

 

Ohhhhhhh!!!!  Excellent thinking, Trinity!  I've always wanted my own sim but that pesky detail called "finances" always got in the way.  I would think one sim shared between us would be enough with space for 16 when she visits to provide legal advise.  Or do we need two? Hmmm....will have to think on this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3007 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...