Why am I getting charged 5 US Dollars for my land usage? I used to have 512m free with membership?

Chad Coswell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4088 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Look in your land tab and make sure you don't have any land you contributed to a group or anything left over. From an earlier post it seems like there may be an issue with land at the moment and the database is confused. Calling billing would be a good plan.

• Like 1

You should still have 512sqm free. Have you gotten a Linden home recently? Have you expanded and gotten more land? Even 1 sqm more than 512 will result in you being charged an additional fee.

You can contact Live Chat, or call billing support:

Have billing issues? Give us a call.

Note that phone support is for billing issues only. If you're having technical issues, please use technical support.

Billing support phone numbers

Toll-Free (US/Canada)

Long-Distance

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Local Toll-Free numbers
  • France: 0805.101.490
  • Germany: 0800.664.5510
  • Japan: 0066.33.132.830
  • Brazil: 0800.762.1132
  • Spain: 800.300.560
  • UK: 0800.048.4646
  • Support is in English Only

• Like 1

LL will charge for the highest amount of tier you owned during the billing period. So if you buy more than 512sqm, they'll charge you the additional tier no matter how quickly you get rid of it. Even if you only own 513sqm for 5 minutes before getting rid of the extra 1sqm, they'll still charge you the additional $5USD for having owned more than 512sqm. If you now own only 512 or less, they won't charge you extra in the next billing period. Your problem doesn't seem to be the same as what the OP was experiencing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4088 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.