I'm a new merchant trying to upload my first clothing to the marketplace

Monzella

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4073 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello All,

I am trying to upload my first clothing item from the viewer to the marketplace and I've read several tutorials with steps to do it but they're quite different so I thought maybe some of them were old and things changed.

So here's how I read it should be done:

1. Buy a magic box and drag the clothing folder to it and then refresh the merchant home inventory after placing the magic box in a rented area.

2. Uploading the clothing folder using the merchant outbox, and then editing the product page.

3. Uploading textures using the bulk upload option in the viewer and then doing one of the previous steps?

I'm confused as to how to start as there might be a sequence of steps that I need to follow. I wonder if another merchant can help me with this. Thanks in advance.

You don't need a magic box any more. If you right click the item at the bottom of the pop up window is copy to merchnt outbox. No need for land or worrying about if the items are in the box/if the box is there. Once you've sent it from your merchant outbox you can create the listing for MP from your merchant home in the MP webpage. Just make sure you click active to have the item show up in y our store. Other then that not much to it!

**and yes some people do still use the old xstreet boxes I jsut think there a pain IMO but do as you wish either way works of course**

well here is how it work : 

(from what you are telling, im guessing you are using the official SL viewer)

in your avatar menu, you should find something called "'merchant outbox";, clik it and it will pop a small window. 

then you drag your item (boxed or in a folder, its up to you) in the line at the bottom of this small window and you clik on 'send ". and you wait till it says the items has been sent to your mp account. (it can happens some bugs here, so if this happens you'll need to redo it till it works).

then you switch to your browser and go on your marketpage webpage and go in your merchant home page. then go in your manage listings page. on the top of the listing you will find your item in the "unassociated iventory items' section. on the right side you ll find a lil narrow then go to edit listing.

you will be directed to the product page, fill it the way you want, don't forget to tick the lil "active"box and be carefull when you choose the category you want your item will be and in your keywords.

then you'll see a section 'add a picture'", clik on it and you will have to browse your harddrive and find the pic in your harddrive, one time you have it, select it and says ok. it usually take some minutes to be upload so wait a lil.

and then once you are done with your product page, you clik the lil button 'update' at the bottom of the page. And  voila ! The product will take some minutes before appearing on your mp store page but if you did all fine, it will appear for sure :smileyhappy:

Im not using official viewer, so i cant say if there is a feature for sending directly the pic from the viewer. But you should have a copy of this pic in your hard drive and then, its the more common way to send a pic to the mp.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4073 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.