Issue with wearing a t-shirt and upper torso see through?

zackzennor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4100 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi folks,

A very kind lady resident took me to a sim and showed me how to get a new avatar folder, everything including clothing included. The folder is called "Adrian"

Everything is fine if my upper body has no t-shirt on (there are 2 kinds of t shirt in folder one an alpha one and then one with a little yellowbox icon.

If I wear the alpha t shirt only then part of my upper torse is invisable, if I wear the little yellow box t shirt only then its like theres parts of the t shirt missing and torn around the arms.

The only way to make it look normal in my firestorm viewer is to wear both, but to be honest if I want ot get my Tshirt off quickly its so much trouble as I cant really do it from clothes off menu.

All I want is a simple t-shirt that fits well.

Just wondering what if any is the soloution.

Thanks ever so much for any help

:)

Zack

What you had was either a mesh or sculpted T-shirt that was designed to wear with the alpha texture layer.  There are t-shirts that are made differently.  They are the traditional system clothing and are a texture that is 'painted' on your avatar.  Look for ones where the icon for them looks like a shirt and not a box.  You'll find plenty of them around for free.

An alpha is made for hiding parts of your body! (Never questioned yourself for what the term was used? :catwink:)

The shirt with the box icon is a mesh shirt attached to your avatar. It moves with your avatars bones and needs an alpha layer because other way your body would stick out of it when you move.

Editing Outfits in Firestorm

You an access the outfit window by going to the Avatar menu and clicking on Appearance, or by clicking the icon in the bottom button bar. This opens the appearance window, which allows you to view and edit outfits. Another way of accessing this window is to right click yourself and select Edit Outfit from the menu.

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/my_outfits_tab

Otherwise, you can choose to wear a  non-mesh T shirt: quicker to put on and off. :smileyhappy:

That would be because you're supposed to wear the two pieces together. If that a bit too inconvenient for you, then what you want is a system layer shirt. They not very hard to find; you can look in the marketplace for free t-shirts and find a bunch. System layers are painted directly onto the avatar mesh. Some have prim attachments to make them look more realistic, but many don't, which makes it easy to get them on and off.

Thanks a lot folks, all of your replies explain it well.

I have a few ordinary T-shirts but when I wear them my belly shows, they are on the short size for me.

I guess the only way around this is to wear a different t-shirt or try to edit the height of my avatar.

I just find the mesh stuff a bit slow to get off in intimate monets in SL.

Dont know if creating two different outfits 1 (whilest naked) and 2 (with t-shirt and clothes on)  woudl make it faster to undress  quickly?

Thanks for all your help.

Zack

A system T-shirt should not be too short. It adjusts to fit your avatar, so even if you are 8 feet tall, it should still fit; and it will not be too long even if you are less than 5 feet tall. What may be happening is a) the shirt is meant to be a cropped or belly shirt; or b) you're not wearing all the parts of the shirt. When you open the folder that contains the shirt, there should be multiple pieces, or layers. Usually those might include undershirt (icon looks like a white tanktop), underpants (icon looks like a pair of white panties, or boxers, depending on your viewer), shirt (looks like a button-down shirt), pants (a blue pair of pants), and jacket (a long sleeve red top).

To form a complete top, you need to wear one top layer (shirt or undershirt) and one bottom layer (underpants or pants); or wear the jacket layer, which is the top and bottom together. Jacket layers on top of pants and shirt which layer on top of underpants and undershirt. So, if you want to wear a T-shirt tucked into your jeans, you would wear the shirt layer of the T-shirt, the underpants layer of the T-shirt, and the pants layer of the jeans. If you want it untucked, you could wear the jacket layer; or you could wear the shirt layer, wear the pants layer of the jeans, then ADD the pants layer of the shirt.

Make sense? You're only getting half of the shirt because you're only wearing half the number of clothing layers you need.

ETA: You should also have a "worn" tab in your inventory. When you want to take off your shirt, simply right click the shirt or the folder that the shirt is in and choose "remove" or "take off," whichever one appears in the drop-down menu. It is harder if your shirt is in a full outfit folder; you can create new folders inside that main outfit folder by riht-clicking and choosing "New Folder." Rename the folder (something like Shirt, Pants, Shoes, whichever ones you need) and move the pieces of the items into the folders, so that you can right click the smaller folder and remove only the parts you need removed.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4100 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.