Has Group owner rights been changed recently?

Cinnamon Lohner

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4054 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Specifically, can a group owner now remove another owner?  If not, is anyone aware of a hack that might do this?  Seems that this has just happened in a group and I'm trying to figure out where to take the problem.  This is always the best place to start :)

Clarification.  2nd owner was not removed from the group but their owner role was taken away.

Thx!

--Cinn

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

Hi Rolig! Thanks for the prompt reply as always. Like most group owner dispute, this one has a lot of animosity and drama attached to it. Usually LL would not be involved. What makes that even less likely is the fact that the issue between these owners occurred less than 24 hours ago. All very puzzling. And the owner was not removed from the group (as of yet) but had their owner role removed. Something is really not right and it seems like a hack to me. Of course as an outside party offering advice, I don't have much I can do. :( Unless it is a security hack issue. But I have no way of knowing that and the group owner that's in charge has no interest in helping since this was the desired outcome for them.

I recently lost ownership rights to a group, I was told by a staff member of the other owner that he has ask Linden Labs to remove me, I had a major disagreement with the other owner and after I told him I was no longer going to pay his bills he decided to remove me as group owner, I was under the impression this wasn't possible but it was done, now I hear that owner quit the group and formed a new one, this time without me. (the old group still exist with only his staff in it).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4054 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.