Graphics Issues for the past week or so...

Honey Bernandes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello to whom ever can help me here...Recently I started to have problems with my Viewer & how things appear. Inventory or things I click on (highlight when chosen) in my viwer start to twitch (flicker / twinkle) ...etc. Also another BIG problem is that my AVI skin & surfaces around me turn white. Please see Pic (link) below for example.

http://i46.tinypic.com/28gxnat.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/de68wl.jpg

Info on my System:

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
System Type    x64-based PC
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3901 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series

I run SL on High Graphics...If I play around with it & put in low settings, it still there, but i I uncheck Basic Shader / Atmospheric Shaders, the white may go away but then I have other things look funny (like Shoes/Feet) no longer match my skin tone or on one side its ok & other side it bright.  

My Driver has been recently updated & I have even uninstalled SL & reinstalled, but nothing *sigh*

Can someone PLEASE help me here?

1 answer to this question

The one thing you didn't include in your System Spec. is the graphics board you are using. To find out (if you are not sure) in Windows 7 or before open the Start window (round Window's logo button in bottom left corner of your screen) and type in the search/run entry box "dxdiag" and hit [RETURN] This will start a DirectX Diagnostics program. Under the "Display" tab of that program you will find the name of the graphics board currently being used by Windows. Some of the less powerful graphics processors just can't display all the real time bump mapping, reflections, shadow casting lights, environment shaders, etc, even though the SL preferences will allow you to activate them.

Your included images look to me like abandoned shadow or highlight renders which would mean you have too many graphic bells and whistles activated or your GPU is simply incapable of rendering all you have active in a "frame rate friendly" manor - so it doesn't!

If this is an effect that has just started showing up, it could be a sign of a failing GPU (most likely due to over heating)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.