Where to find larger than life avatar shapes?

friscolives

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've seen many stores selling various shapes, but I'm looking for something a little different. I want to create a very large woman for a roleplay project I am working on. She needs to be an amazon, so very muscular, also taller--maybe close to seven feet tall. I am also looking to make an older male avatar--someone looking more like Steve Buscemi than Brad Pitt. The majority of the avatars and very good looking and younger, so these are a little different.

Any suggestions as to stores that might have something like this?

You'll probably find that most shapes are pretty close to 7 feet tall. Height in SL is very skewed - my avi is over 6.5 feet in heels and is still dwarfed by most of the people she comes across. You should be able to adjust a shape pretty easily, though. My recommendation is to find a modifiable shape where you like the face. Make sure it is copyable and modifiable before you buy it so that you can make copies, edit, and if you mess up and want to start over, you can have a fresh copy to work from. Then play with the sliders in  "Edit Appearance." Particularly torso muscles, leg msucles, height, leg length, torso length...Just play around until you get something you like.

Skins might be a little harder, since you'll want one with pretty defined musculature. I'm not sure where to send you for that, to be honest; but keep in mind that some skin creators sell muscle tattoo layers, particularly for the torso, to enhance that sort of look.

You might look at my last post here for some of the males.

I just saw a very male bodybuilder-looking female avatar in marketplace. I think it came up on one of the above links. I'll quickly see if I can find something lik that for you. But probably if you searched marketplace with 'Amazonian avatar' or 'female bodybuilder' you'd find the same things.

Yes if you search marketplace with 'bodybuilder female' you will find two choices at the top of the results page. Probably more after that.

I can't include the first one here, because it is nude. But it is by hhefestos, store name FlexE, it is $500 L and it is called Amazona full mesh avatar. It comes with a naked and a 'bodysuit' version.

This one is modify and copyable, $1800 L, full avatar. Female bodybuilder with male-style muscles on it. Includes shape and skin and prim muscles. Made by buffy Falconer, store name buffy Falconer fantasy's (someone please tell people when or when not to use the possessive form.)

Two skins here & here.

As for the 'everyone is nearly 7 feet tall' comment, noooo nono oononbljbnv xD

Back in the day, up till early 09, yeah. Everyone had a bad case of the amazon figure.

But nowadays, you're much more likely to come across people who are more 5'4 - 6'4.

My two main avis are 5'5 and 6'0, and even then I feel a little tall around a lot of people.

But like someone already said, you're better off finding a shape with a nice face and editing that how you like it, if you cannot make a shape from scratch.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

i have found that most people are still setting their height to the max.. at 6'6" i am still one of the shortest people where ever i go.

I wouldn't say that most people do it now.  It depends a lot where one usually goes.  In some places I can see a lot of rather tall avatars.  On the other hand in some places I see a lot of shorter, more close to RL height, avatars.  Surely the very tall height, sliders maxed out,  seem not to be so prevalent as it used to be earlier.

About 70% of the people you will meet in SL are already RPing giant greek style amazon women.

(Whereas this RL Quechua Amazonian is set to a height closer to my grandmother's people - they are about 4'8". My AV is about 5'2")

So you're going to be out of luck.

Because so many people in SL play 'Na'vi style' giants, you can't make a giant in SL...

Klisyes might feel many people are shorter if (s)he is a furry as the profile image here suggests. Newer furry avatars from some makers -are- getting more normal in size. Sadly my cat furry av is not one of them, so I had to resize it myself.

Hmm, really? Giant people are still the norm? o-O

I'm not sure where I'm going, but I haven't seen giant people in forever!

Well, I mean I see the occasional one with the freebie hair that was available since 08 and bling and system pants, but I feel those are just remnants of a different time.

I am a fur sometimes, but my main fur is also the same size as one of my main human shapes (actually, same shape just with animal parts xD). That one is about 6' even. I also have a giant mesh fur/demigod thing for kicks, and he's about the size most giant people are. Looks massive in my house though v___v And one tiny fur who is like, .5 meters xD

Also a girl avi who is the 5'5 I mentioned earlier.

I dunno, all my friends and random acquaintances are roughly my height or shorter. Even people I bump into at shops are the same height. Same with some rp places I visit!

Where all are you guys seeing these tall folk so often?

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Well I'd love some referrals for places that don't have so many giants...
:P

Gets tiring dealing with disproportionate avatars everywhere. I don't mind the talls that can manage good proportions, but all the T-Rexers, micro-man hands, shrunken heads, and Spider-woman legs drive me nuts.
o.O

Don't forget the invisible pony-riders!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.