HELPPPPPPPPP SOMEONE PLEASE HELPPPPPPPPP

Lorrie Lavender

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

I take it that you mean that objects with which you were wroking became part of the linkset that is the house.  If that is the case, you can edit the linkset, select "Edit linked." click on the prim you want to "unstick," and click on "Unlink."  For whatever the next step is be sure you have selected what you want to edit and nothing else.

Hehehe... I think every person who has built something in SL has made a mistake like that.  Welcome to the party.  Now you know why it's important to keep a clean copy of important things like your basic house.  If you have to go all the way back to square one, you'll at least have the house to start with.

Do what Jennifer said if you have accidentally linked furniture to your house.  Just be very careful to unlink only the things you really want to detach from the house, not the whole house.  Unfortunately, you'll end up with a bunch of unlinked furniture parts when you're done, so I hope you have backups of them too.

As I read your question, it seemed to me that you might mean that you applied textures to the windows and walls of your house.  If that's the case, you can't just unlink and be back to normal. Unless you have the original textures someplace, there's no way to have a "do over" except to rez the backup copy of your house and start all over again.  (Most of us have had to do that too. :smileysad: )

Hello,

you probably hit the keyboard shortcut CTRL+L or just selected all prims with held down CTRL-key.

CTRL+L is a shortcut to 'link' prims together (they become a single object, a linkset, consisting of a root prim - will have a yellow outline in build mode - and one or many childprims) that you selected together either by drawing a selection-rectangle around them in build mode, or by selecting all of them in build mode, and hit CTRL+L (or build->link from the menu).

You can break these links by selecting the prim that you want to unlink (or the entire object if you want to unlink the entire linkset) and choosing Build->Unlink from the menu. You can select a single prim if you check the checkbox "Edit linked" in the build tools floater.

ETA: Be careful, linking or unlinking existing content that contains "no-modify" scripts (where you have no permission to edit the script), will most likely cause damage beyond repair!!! ...and even if you have permission to edit the script, it will be alot of work to repair it... because the index (aka 'linknumber') of every child-prim changes when you link or unlink objects/prims together. And most scripts that are made to alter child-prims have hard-coded linknumbers, that cannot be altered if the script is set to "no-modify" (doesn't allow to be altered).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.