I want to have giant writing in the sky that can be seen from the world map. how do I do this?

True1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4104 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I open the world map and I see sims or large parcels with writing above them, saying "I love you" or their stores name or other messages. I realy want to do this above my land but I can't seem to work out how to do it. I thought it would be a case of rezzing a mega prim up to 4000m and having the writing on there but the map still shows the land below. I do notice that giant sculpted prims like mountains and things take over the images on the world map, so are thes messages sculpted?Does anyone know where to get these messages or how to make it?

It's a valentine's suprise :-)

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

You need to use individual prims, with blank textures and just a colour set by the SL texture colour picker.

You also need to build the prims into the shape of the letters, obviously a lot of complicated fonts will require a lot of prims. Don't use sculpts or mesh.

You can use a background prim with a texture on it to make sure you get the shapes of the letters correct.

Also you should build below 350m in the air, as anything above this height doesn't get included on the Map snapshots.

• Like 5

I cannot recall the exact height, I believe it's under 400 meters if you want the object to be shown on the World Map.

250 Meters might be a good height.

You can use prims, or, I believe, a textured panel.

It may take a day or two, for the World map to refresh, and for your message to appear.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4104 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.