Looking for an explosion/respawning script

Suki Hirano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4096 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thought I'd post it here for more results.

Looking for an explosion + respawning script.

- When the object touches another physical object (such as a bullet or thrown projectile) it explodes with some kind of particle effect, rendering the object itself phantom + invisible and littering the ground with parts (each part is a physical object inserted into the contents tab which will automatically litter on the ground due to being physical)

- The parts littered on the ground will disappear after X seconds (probably a self-destruct script), then the object will respawn itself (cancelling phantom + invisible effects) after X + 1 seconds

Should be pretty easy to do, there's actually a free script like this on the Marketplace (called "Exploding Noob", https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/FREE-EXPLODING-NOOB-explodes-on-impact-or-touch-sculpty-shootin... unfortunately the script is no mod, so I'm unable to set the respawning time.

Please contact me if you're interested in writing this script to discuss details.

What you are asking for is not too difficult to script but for the best effect you need someone who is decent with building and texturing too. I've build what you are asking about for another person. In the case of my build, the broken parts are temp-on-rez, so they clean up themselves about a minute after appearing.

Curious Hazelnut wrote:

What you are asking for is not too difficult to script but for the best effect you need someone who is decent with building and texturing too. I've build what you are asking about for another person. In the case of my build, the broken parts are temp-on-rez, so they clean up themselves about a minute after appearing.

Yes I just checked the free version, it's indeed temp rez. This is great as you've already written something like I'm looking for. So are you willing to sell that script? I'll send you an IM inworld as well.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4096 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.