Sign in to follow this  
Elva Lefavre

Topless sailing for ladies

Hi, I just want to let everyone know about a group called Topless Sailors.  This is for ladies that like to be topless by and on the water and we are trying to make the group huge so we can have our own events.  If this appeals to you please join, there is open enrolement. xxxxx.

Hi Elva, just fyi the TrYC (Triumphal Yacht Club) are supporters of the Topless Tuesday movement. :smileyhappy: We have topless races for the Quest M-24 every tuesday at 1pm from the Sulu raceline in Sansara's Sea of Fables. These are fun races, so no pressure, no stress, no points in the world ranking. Just easypeasy fun in the sun racing with friends.

Syo Emerald wrote:

Maybe I should get a boat and learn how to sail...

i was just thinking that... and getting a waterproof camera with a telephoto lens.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Syo Emerald wrote:

Maybe I should get a boat and learn how to sail...

i was just thinking that... and getting a waterproof camera with a telephoto lens.

Heeeyyyyyy!!!! You're supposed to be "protecting" me - not out ogling nakkie saling ladies. ;)

Well I sail alot AND have breasts so count me in!

I too have never got into racing as so few are in my timezone and life always gets in the way.  But im often to be found on the Blakes Sea (always with a top on too date!)

Arabella

When topless racing how is a winner determined: when the bow crosses the finish, or is it the first breast to cross?  Does size of the vessel matter?  

Racheal Rexen wrote:

where are some good places to sail topless at?

I sail topless at every moderate sim and had never any problem  :womanhappy:

Thanks everyone for the interest in my group, membership tripled in a week to 30.  I also sail topless at moderate sims and have never had a problem.  For those that are interested, I am planning a trip for the topless sailors - not a race - on Monday around the Blake Sea.  Look out for group notices

Elva Lefavre wrote:

Thanks everyone for the interest in my group, membership tripled in a week to 30.  I also sail topless at moderate sims and have never had a problem.  For those that are interested, I am planning a trip for the topless sailors - not a race - on Monday around the Blake Sea.  Look out for group notices

Nice ! I am looking forward to it.

Hopefully at Euro-friendly times ?

BTW, I know there are a lot of sailors out there who want cruise activities and no races.

Why is the SL sail community not more active with that ??

And more beginner-friendly would be nice too...

I remember I tried to get on a SL sail forum years ago. I had to send 3 NC's to the admin to get a login.

And when that was finally so far my account got deleted a week later and nobody could tell me why.

Same thing with races. I asked a well known Fizz racer and racedirector how I could join a race and if she could tell me how things were organized. Oh. don't worrie she said. Just join the race and you will learn it.

Hmm..I joined te race and was yelled at by the same RD that I did not know the rules and what the hell I was doing...

I was cured totally and became a solo cruise sailor....:womanwink:

Hi, Ina.  Have a look at the post from Orca Flotta in this thread.  I joined them for racing on Tuesday and it was a lot of fun and they were very welcoming and helpful.  The trip out for the topless sailors will be on Monday at 10pm UK time, 11pm western European time.  Look out for the notices.  Hope to catch up with you then. 

Sorry for this very late reply. But I just have to clarify some stuff, particularly the very loose term "fun":

Even in a fun race by entering the race you agree to follow the ISAF* rules, at least to some extent. Of course in fun races we don't use judges and as a race directrice I don't do much more than just starting the countdown on the line. In case two sailors are getting into  a fight we talk about it and I make a "ruling" based on the information they give me. There are no consequences whatsoever. In the end I mostly tell them to sail fair, let others breath and get over it. Most RDs are doing that. At least in fun races. The SL servers are mostly making a true RL-like race impossible, so why bother? Why protest a bully bumperkart sailor if you or they crash a minute later anyway?

About the SL sailing community's stance on cruising: true, most yacht clubs are catering for racers first and foremost. For races you need a certain infrastructure and organisation that only a club can provide. For cruising around you just need to hop in your boat and sail to wherever. Cruisers are usually regarded as lone wolfs, in RL and SL as well.

Nevertheless the Leeward Cruising Club is one of the most agile and biggest groups. 600+ members are nothing to spit on. They have 2 weekly cruises, meticulously planned and organized with maps, LMs, info on banlines, DJs and all the stuff. The LCC is homeless by design, as we are nomads of the sea. What we have are a lot of outposts on all continents and sailing estates. These are privately owned parcels where the owner made a rez area and a certain amount of prims available for boats. Since for me tuedays are Topless Tuesdays I usually attend their tuesday cruises in a topless manner and haven't heard any complaints now.

The Topless Sailors group is too young, having around 60 members and had only 2 cruises till now, but seems to be growing and following the LCC example.

Maybe there will be a merger in the future?

* International Sailing Federation, a roof organisation of yacht clubs all over the world and rules authority: http://www.sailing.org/