Someone told me their under 16, and would like to know how to get restrictions?

Bleeu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Someone told me their under 16, and would like to know how to get restrictions?

Apperently you can have restrictions like if your say 14  you join second life you can only access to certain things, and only the G rated hub? or something like that? i dont know.. but yeah :/ if this whole lot isint true how can i report this under aged person.. ?

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Teens_in_Second_Life

2 answers to this question

You obviously already know the answer to your question about age restrictions, because you included the link to Linden Lab's age policy in your question.  Those are the rules.  There are no ways to get exceptions. 

The Second Life Terms of Service require all Residents be at least 16 years old, with the exception of 13-15 year old Residents restricted to the estate of a sponsoring institution. For more information, see Teens in Second Life.

If you find someone under 16 years of age outside the estate of a sponsoring institution, here's what to do:

1. Make sure the person has actually admitted underage status in his or her own words in inworld chat (for example by saying, "I'm fourteen"). We cannot accept hearsay, rumors, or admissions made on external instant messaging programs or any areas outside of Second Life.
  2. Inworld, use Help > Report Abuse to bring up the abuse report tool.
  3. Click Select category and choose Age.
  4. Enter the required information as indicated, and please be specific. If you recently heard an underage admission in chat, copy-and-paste the snippet into the Details field. If it happened earlier and you don't have a chat record, just recite as much as you remember to help us understand what to look for.
  5. Click the Report Abuse button and our Abuse Team will investigate it and take appropriate action. Thanks for your help.

If the report is valid, Linden Lab puts the account in question on hold and requests age verification by email.

To get the account off hold, provide a legible copy of a government-issued identification document (state ID, driver's license, passport, military ID, birth certificate) that clearly indicates the account holder's name and date of birth. This is the only type of identification acceptable for establishing age eligibility. You may send your ID via a support case, fax, or postal mail.

The age verification process is usually resolved within a week. We do what we can to keep your accounts active in Second Life.

• Like 1

If you are 13 - 15, the only way you can use Second Life is under the direct supervision of a sponsoring agency...for example, a school or a Girl Scout troop might set up a sponsored region in SL, and their kids could use that region only.

If someone tells you that they are under 16, it is your duty to report them.  Use Help/Report Abuse and use the underage category.  Attach evidence, such as a chat or IM log.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.