Not understanding Mesh.

SabrinaFrankenstein

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4098 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Hello,

please make sure you're using a mesh-capable viewer like the original one from Linden Lab: https://secondlife.com/support/downloads?lang=en-US

If you're in a "RC Magnum" region (you can see the region channel when you go to Help-> About SecondLife in your viewer), that's a temporary current issue that should be solved by next week.

Sometimes mesh items are not visible, usually right clicking on where they should be makes them show up. Also, in the Debug settings, you can turn your MeshMaxConcurrentRequests up, I keep mine at 1000, but I have read that it is recommended not to go over a certain number, I do not know why, I haven't had any problems with 1000, but sometimes when I teleport the mesh items I am wearing become invisible and I have to right click them to make them visible again.

The difference between rigged and unrigged mesh is that with rigged mesh, the mesh is rigged to your shape, so that it moves with you, but it cannot be repositioned or resized by you with the edit tools. Unrigged mesh can be repositioned and resized but it does not move with you, as it is not rigged to your avatar.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4098 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.