Wearing any clothing shape, texture, or attachment crashes the viewer.

Zargoth1488315276

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Weird problem.  I can't say I've read or heard of such a problem.  But, for the indications you related, I think it is a cache problem.  You have multiple accounts, and multiple viewers all on the same computer (though that bit about a friends computer giving the same problem baffles me a little bit.......but then your friend has accounts on that computer too.  Who knows if that's related or not).  My suggestion is to do a manual cache clearing (what I call the nuclear option).  Find the cache location on your computer (it's shown on the same tab you use to clear your cache under preferences).  Close SL and navigate to that location and manually delete every file in the cache folder.  Do that for each and every account and each and every viewer you have installed on your computer....and while you are doing that move the caches for the different viewers to a different location on your computer.  Do the same for each and every viewer you have installed on your computer (an option that might make easier for you is to uninstall the viewers you seldom use or don't really care for....searching for and manually deleting all the files found after each uninstall).  Reboot your computer (a full system shut down with a few minutes wait is best instead of a restart).

After all that (and it could take a while if you have 3 or 4 accounts on 3 or 4 viewers plus moving the caches) launch the viewer you use most and before logging in change the log in point from your home or whatever you use for your normal log in location to one of the Linden Lab maintained sims.  Pooley is my favorite but there are others (Aqua and Lime come to mind).  Log in and do one thing upon landing.......take a few steps from the landing point, then just stand still (do nothing at all.....no chat, no IM'ing, no changing for clothes, searching.  Just do nothing).  Open the inventory and watch the counter until your inventory loads (I think you know how to tell from your discrption of what you've done).  Once that is complete, try changing clothes.......everything should be good and you can TP home.

If that doesn't fix it then I'm at a loss.  But there are plenty of people here who might have more ideas.

2 answers to this question

Weird problem.  I can't say I've read or heard of such a problem.  But, for the indications you related, I think it is a cache problem.  You have multiple accounts, and multiple viewers all on the same computer (though that bit about a friends computer giving the same problem baffles me a little bit.......but then your friend has accounts on that computer too.  Who knows if that's related or not).  My suggestion is to do a manual cache clearing (what I call the nuclear option).  Find the cache location on your computer (it's shown on the same tab you use to clear your cache under preferences).  Close SL and navigate to that location and manually delete every file in the cache folder.  Do that for each and every account and each and every viewer you have installed on your computer....and while you are doing that move the caches for the different viewers to a different location on your computer.  Do the same for each and every viewer you have installed on your computer (an option that might make easier for you is to uninstall the viewers you seldom use or don't really care for....searching for and manually deleting all the files found after each uninstall).  Reboot your computer (a full system shut down with a few minutes wait is best instead of a restart).

After all that (and it could take a while if you have 3 or 4 accounts on 3 or 4 viewers plus moving the caches) launch the viewer you use most and before logging in change the log in point from your home or whatever you use for your normal log in location to one of the Linden Lab maintained sims.  Pooley is my favorite but there are others (Aqua and Lime come to mind).  Log in and do one thing upon landing.......take a few steps from the landing point, then just stand still (do nothing at all.....no chat, no IM'ing, no changing for clothes, searching.  Just do nothing).  Open the inventory and watch the counter until your inventory loads (I think you know how to tell from your discrption of what you've done).  Once that is complete, try changing clothes.......everything should be good and you can TP home.

If that doesn't fix it then I'm at a loss.  But there are plenty of people here who might have more ideas.

Some issues you might encounter are due to “bad” gestures (for lack of a better term). In brief, one or more gestures may fail to load properly and cause the viewer to time out.

Symptoms which may be the result of problem gestures include:

• You are unable to log in properly without having to clear cache fully before doing so.
    It should never be necessary to clear cache before logging in, so if you have to do this, something is wrong. Some find that if they don't clear cache each time, they get logged out within seconds of logging in, or perhaps they are ruthed or a cloud every time, or even that they crash shortly after log in.
  • You are able to log in but find yourself under water (all you can see is a blue screen) at coordinates 10, 10, 10.
    If you log in to an all blue screen, check your location, see if you are near the SIM corner, at 10, 10, 10. If so, you almost certainly have a problem gesture.

In some cases, you will see that there is an error in loading one or more gestures. If you do, make careful note of which ones, then find them and deactivate them - or better, delete them. If there is no such message, then please read details and a solution at http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/gesture_issues

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.