Environmental Day Cycles

Autumn Jannings

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4080 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all.

I have a questions about setting these up.  ok I lied I have tons but just posting one for the moment.  Totally new at this but learning fast.  Not sure which forum this would go best in. 

How do you make the tranitions between say like evening selected setting and noon setting go smoothly?  Using Fire atm.  So do i overlap the sliders? 

Thank you for any help in learning how to set this up.

If you are talking about fading from one setting to another, that is a setting in the viewer itself in preferences >firestorm>windlight,  Check the box next to Crossfade region environment changes for parcel windlight.

Instead of an abrupt change you will see a fade out and in between two environment light settings that are different.

If you are talking about a region, all you need to do is set the region tools to cycle day and night and the server will take care of the transition.

If you are talking about a parcel, you don't have that control other than the controls in your viewer, which means only you will see the fade effect, not anyone else unless they also have their viewer set up that way.

If your question involves none of the above please clarify with more specifics.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

If you are talking about fading from one setting to another, that is a setting in the viewer itself in preferences >firestorm>windlight,  Check the box next to Crossfade region environment changes for parcel windlight.

Instead of an abrupt change you will see a fade out and in between two environment light settings that are different.

If you are talking about a region, all you need to do is set the region tools to cycle day and night and the server will take care of the transition.

If you are talking about a parcel, you don't have that control other than the controls in your viewer, which means only you will see the fade effect, not anyone else unless they also have their viewer set up that way.

If your question involves none of the above please clarify with more specifics.

It is full region and I have full rights on it.  Yes talking about the abrupt change.   2 of the changes are not fading into each other.  I might try selecting another setting to see if it works better.  But this is my second try and was wondering if I am doing something wrong..   That is why I was wondering if had sliders set wrong.  btw thank you for replying.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4080 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.