I have a problem using poseballs.When I get on them, my avatar is taken to the corner of the sim.

FriggSix

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

That's the sim's garbage collection spot <0.0,0.0,0.0>.  It's where the sim's servers send things when they can't figure out where else to put them. In the case of a poseball, it's almost always because it has been poorly scripted.  Normally, a poseball is nothing but a prim with a sit target and some animating code in it.  The coordinates in the sit target tell it exactly where the script is supposed to position you on the poseball.  One way that a scripter can screw up is to give the sit target global coordinates that make you sit very far away from the prim itself --- possibly even somewhere beyond the sim. That confuses the servers and you end up in the garbage collector.

Pose balls can also be used as teleporters for moving from one spot to another within the same sim.  This is a very common use.  Again, though, a scripter can mess up by giving the poseball/teleporter coordinates that do not exist or are outside the sim.  If that happens, you're in the garbage.

I have made both mistakes absent-mindedly a few times.  :smileysurprised::smileyembarrassed:  It usually happens when I script something on my home sim and then take it somewhere else without thinking to be sure that the teleport coordinates make sense in the new location.  I give myelf a dope slap and fix them.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.