when i try to open sl it won't respond before i can log in. what do i do?

videogameaddict

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4103 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i tried to open sl but it froze and wouldn't respond.  what do i do? whats causing this? it froze before it even got to the log in screen. i'll click on it and says 'program not responding'. it worked yesterday when i got on and the day before. i have windows 8 a lenovo g580 everything updated

3 answers to this question

How long are you waiting before deciding the viewer has frozen during the log in process?  try logging in again, but give it several minutes. There is a lot of information to load and on some computers that can take longer than on others. Remember if you are outside of the US of A there is a hell of a lot further for the data to travel.

You can also go to OPTIONS<EDIT and give us the specifications for the computer you are using, see if any more light can be shed on your problem.

• Like 1

Without more information, it's tough to guess what's going on.  I assume that you checked to be sure that your computer meets SL's minimum specifications before you installed a viewer.  If not, do it now.  It's possible that you are trying to run on a machine that cannot handle SL.  Then check your firewall and your anti-virus program to be sure that they are not blocking you from connecting.  If you still cannot connect, come back here and add important information to your question.  Describe your computer (model, memory, graphics card, CPU, and how you are connected to the Internet). 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4103 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.