Newbie parcel owner needs to learn about sharing prims in a region

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello. I love buying way too many furnishings for my home. I've tried the 1 prim route and still I love furnishing the place. The problem is I've maxed out my 234 prim allowance.

I know there is something about being able to share prims within a region. So if I owned two parcels within a region - even if they're not connected - they would share prims...I think.

If I've got that straight, then exactly what is a region? I've clicked on "World" "Region Details" "Region". Is the name listed there the name of the region, and the only place I can buy land to share prims with? Or is a region larger than that? I get confused because I see the words "mainland", "property", "location" "region" "full region" and I get confused.

Also, if I buy a parcel with an odd amount of meters, will I have to pay more? For example, if the land I'm looking at is 2500m, do I have to pay the 4096m monthly fee?

Thanks so much for your time.

If you look on the map you will see that the land is composed of squares, each square being a region.  You are correct in that if you own another lot in the region you can share prims between the two lots.  If you buy a lot that shares a border with yours you can join them together into one lot also, if you prefer.

I assume from your question that you own mainland.  Here is information on how the land fees or tiers work for mainland.  Unlike private regions land fees are not strictly based on the square meters you own at a point in time, but rather the peak amount of land you own during the billing cycle.  If you own a 1024sqm parcel now and buy another parcel of land that is 1024sqm or less then you need to tier up to the 2048 tier level;.  If you buy 2500 then you need to tier up to the 4096 tier level.  You will pay the same tier regardless if you total land holdings are 3000sqm, or 4096sqm. 

If you deed your land to a group, which you can create and own yourself, you may own 10% more land under the group for the same tier fee.

Your dashboard under Land Manager has your Land Use Fee table where you can see you current tier level and tier up if you need to in order to buy land..

I know there is something about being able to share prims within a region. So if I owned two parcels within a region - even if they're not connected - they would share prims...I think.  Yes they will. 

If I've got that straight, then exactly what is a region?  It's what most of us call a "Sim ... the named square of land where our parcels are.

For example, my main parcel is in Peronaut ... if I buy more land in Peronaut and leave it empty or just use a few of its prims, I can use that prim allowance on my main parcel.

Even if it's empty, the parcel I have in the sim called Laserlight can't be used to put more prims in Peronaut.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.