Why am I not able to delete items on the MarketPlace?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4101 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been trying for 3 days to delete items on the MP but the page keeps timing out and I get this error:

So sorry to keep you waiting. We'll be right back!

We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly.

Is this a known issue?  Thanks for any help that can be offered. 

Arwen...   I was really hoping you would have better news for me.   LOL

I tried deleting one at a time and it worked for the first few items and then I got the error again.  I think when I sit down to tackle this again I shall need a bottle (or two) of wine!!

Thanks for the quick response...  and have a great day!   =)

Well someone from the Commerce team last year had me drop a 2nd MagicBox saying that it would cover any missing deliverys. Well as you know it creates double the UNNASSOCIATED ITEMS in my box. Some duplicates in there. But the problem is with this bug that it wont let me upload a new item.  Says I have over 100 Unassociated items. But I cant delete barely any of them.

I deleted one MagicBox hoping that would help. I refreshed the page in the MP and synced with magicBox. No amount of unnassociated objects changed. The number stayed the same.

I have a new release slated for today and I cant even upload to the MP.

So much for Direct delivery being the God saving of the SL-MP.

jeez.

Hey JD...   I did manage to get all the items deleted but it took most of the day.  Very frustrating.  I'm curious how long this has been a problem and more importantly do they intend to fix it?  It just seems like no one is watching the store as some issues have existed for years.

I also began uploading new items yesterday and when I attempted to list them oddly enough I got the same error.  My patience was sure tested yesterday! 

JD Hansen wrote:

So much for Direct delivery being the God saving of the SL-MP.

jeez.

I would hardly say DD was a god save for the MP, the MP didn't need saving,

All DD has done is speed up delivery time and remove any need for land ownership. Any improvement made to the MP has a detrimental impact on inworld commerce. Anything that detrimentally impacts inworld commerce costs LL revenue in tier

As the number of land owners continues to fall at an ever increasing rate, SL spirals towards non sustainability at an ever increasing rate. 

So rather than describing DD as a godsend, a more apt description would be to describe it as just another nail in the coffin.

• 1 month later...

I spent hours yesterday deleting items from my marketplace store. When I sign in today they where all back in my inventory? I have a paid membership and I am wondering if there is a faster way to have this problem fixed... My time is valuable and working hours thinking I am delete items ONE at a time (yes I tried checking boxes and deleting a batch at a time and yes that still isn’t working) and while I am doing it, it shows it is working. Until the next day and they are back. I feel SL should put back the option to search for specific items in-world and teleport to the exact object, where the item was not just the store. I feel marketplace has been more and more difficult. I post my item’s then after I have them list I go back to my marketplace store and items are pull because of some rule, but can not inform me as to what information is wrong. I think if you know what is wrong why can’t I be informed as to what the exact rule it was pulled for. I have had items tell me because of spam and still no explanation as to why. I do not understand how my item may be spam when ever I do a search on marketplace it is a joke and not a funny haha joke. Just go search pose stand with c/m/t for builders and see what comes up. There are so many spam ad’s when I do a search for anything, and a lot of them are listed one after another. I know I may be wasting my time again today to let you know how I feel about this mess… but if no one complains how are you supposed to FIX it. I see marketplace as a way for SL to make even more money and if you do not have the money to pay for an ad good luck selling your items even though I have a paid membership that I pay SL every month. I think maybe someone should add that to your membership FREE ad’s for membership merchandisers.:matte-motes-angry:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4101 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.