Initializing VFS continues

Nikolaos Frog

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4103 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was having  the  last viewer of Second Life  V3  and Installing  the New  update  without  delete first the  last . Now I have test  3 different  viewers  the only that is working  is  Metabolt . All the  others crash, when my screen  show  a gray box  with  initializing VFS  message.  I  delete  the Second Life   folder  in the  App folder . I use  CCleaner   to make  a registry  cleaner   and  delete everything about second life  viewer  and I Update  twice  my  drivers graphical card. My last  step  was  to  make an exception from my antivirus  and  windows firewall  and still   second life  crash on initializing VFS  my PC is

EXTREMA

CPU :Intel Core  2 quad Q8400 ( core speed 1999)

Motherboard :Gigabyte Technology (EP43-UD3L)

RAM : DDR2  Dual 2046 MBytes  Dram Frequency 400.0 mHZ

Graphical Card  Asus EAH5450 Series  (1024 MBytes)

ROM : 52 GB ( I have cut it  in 2 parts  c  that is windows  and d that I put the safely  folders )

Microsoft Xp  home edition Service  Pack  3  Direct X 9.0c

I do not know what else  I have to do  and why this stuck , any idea.

Thanks for the time that  you give me  to read this message .

Part 2   Thanks  for your  answer's  but I know that my pc  is old  but  it was working in low  graphical mode  but it was  working, And I can not  put linux  because in the same  I have  a small  proxy  and I am running my security cameras  so if I put linux  I will loose my cameras.

Part 3 problem solved for me   I run radegast  it was  working good  but without  voice  and I test imprudence  too and is working nice,without mesh  but is working nice   so my problem  for me  has end.

3 answers to this question

That is a very low powered computer to be running Second Life.  The processor is old, you are using an old and unsupported version of Windows, you have too little RAM, your disk drive is too small, and I don't even recognize your video card.

I recommend installing one of the viewers that is reputed to run SL well on less capable machines.  Even so, don't be too surprised if it does not work, or does not work well.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4103 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.