PastelSugar

How do I unblock media in second life?

Question

When you view a video, it's handled by your own computer, not through SL's servers. I suspect that your own firewall or anti-virus program is blocking it.

9 answers to this question

When you view a video, it's handled by your own computer, not through SL's servers. I suspect that your own firewall or anti-virus program is blocking it.

Oh, wait... I know what you're talking about.  All you did was enable your streaming filters in Preferences >>> Sound & Media.  Once you do that, any time you enter a place that is running a media stream that you have not encountered, Firestorm asks you whether you want to allow it.  You can choose to allow it, deny it for now, or deny it always.  You apparently denied hat stream always, so now it's on your streaming blacklist.  To remove it from the list, go to Preferences → Sound & Media → Manage Media Sites .

• Like 1

I have follow all the steps to getting music on my land and i still have had no luck for some reason  when i turn on button to hear music it turns itself off. Can you tell me what i'm doing wrong or what else I need to do.

Edited by BigDaddySenSay

I have follow all the steps to getting music on my land and i still have had no luck for some reason  when i turn on button to hear music it turns itself off. Can you tell me what i'm doing wrong or what else I need to do

Some streaming formats are not acceptable in SL.  If you try to load their URLs, the servers will try and then cancel the attempt.