buying lindens

Sharancolette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Not if you buy them on the Lindex, where you get the best exchange rate and the only guarantee from Linden Lab that you'll actually get your Lindens.   You can purchase L$ on third-party exchanges, but be careful to buy only through reputable ones, not just ones that post a link someplace.  From the TOS (sect. 5.3):

"Linden dollars are occasionally Bought and Sold on third party exchanges, which are wholly distinct from the LindeX exchange. Unless specified by Linden Lab, these exchanges have no affiliation with Linden Lab. We do not guarantee the legitimacy of the Linden dollar transfers offered on them, and we are not liable for purchases of such Linden dollars. You purchase Linden dollars from such sites at your own risk. If you Buy Linden dollars that are traced to unauthorized credit card activity or other fraudulent activity, we will recoup these Linden dollars from your Account."

Here is a list --- very out of date but perhaps helpful still -- of third-party exchanges that were at one time using LL's Risk API and assumed to be trustworthy >>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Archive/Third_Party_Linden_Dollar_Exchanges  Many SL residents have used these exchanges.

Sharan,

I have to ask you why you don't want "payment info used" on your profile?  Why do you wish to hide the fact that you have purchased $L, and from whom?

You don't need to tell me, of course, and I don't expect you to.  But consider this:  If you find it necessary to be so sneaky, then isn't what you are doing wrong?  You may want to think two and three times about doing it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.