How do I keep my logging on to be unoticed?

DjBigboyKeith25

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4083 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

You don't.  SL is a social platform, so you have to expect that other members of the SL community may be able to see that you are around.  You can click the little box in your profile that makes it so your online status does not show up in Search, and you can UNclick the icon in your friends list next to anyone that you want to hide your online status from.  You can also open the Settings >> Privacy in your web profile and put all of the settings at their most restrictive level, so that nobody can "follow" you or post to your profile page. 

Even when you do all of those things, though, you cannot be invisible.  Any member of a group that you belong to can see whether you are online by checking members on the group's page.  Also, anyone with mild scripting ability (or the L$ to buy a simple detector) can check to see whether you are in world.  It's MUCH more difficult to find out where you are, but a determined detective has a good chance of finding you too.  The bottom line, as I said at the start, is that you are in a social community. You can get some degree of privacy, just as you can in RL, but SL is not really a place to come and hide.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4083 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.