more sales on mp or in world?

Paula001 Goldschein

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4107 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Morgaine Christensen wrote:

99% of my sale are and  have been sold through MP.  I do have a shop in world but never sell a darn thing there.

Same here.  I sell small home furnishings.  Regardless of where my in world shop is or how much I market it, 99% of my sales have always been from Xstreet/SLX/MP.

I've been about 50/50 for the last year. I was at about 70% on the Marketplace, but I've heavily marketed in world and now it's about even. I've tried and tried and tried and tried to raise the ratio to have in world be higher but I just can't do it. I'm not sure  it's anything I'm doing wrong because when my in world sales go up so do my Marketplace sales, which makes me wonder if my customers aren't getting my sales flyers and using the link in the notecard to get it straight from the Marketplace to save time. So the sales efforts are coming from in world but I think they are still going to MP for ease.

Deja Letov wrote:

I'm not sure  it's anything I'm doing wrong because when my in world sales go up so do my Marketplace sales, which makes me wonder if my customers aren't getting my sales flyers and using the link in the notecard to get it straight from the Marketplace to save time. So the sales efforts are coming from in world but I think they are still going to MP for ease.

I have the same situation regularly.  I see on my visitor counter that a person who purchased something from me on the MP was also in my shop.  The counter isn't sophisticated enough to list times so I could get an idea if the person came to the store first, then purchased on the MP; or if they purchased on the MP then came to my store to check it out.

I make most of my money and spend most of my time on my custom content and development business but have a few items on MP that I create between times.  99% of my retail sales are MP.  My partner has the same experience.  We ended up closing our retail stores in world a couble of months ago because we couldn't justify paying the tier any longer if sales no longer supported it.

Before all the 'must have an in world store or you are the ruin of SL crowd' jumps on me for closing our stores, we still have an in world presence in the form of offices for our custom work and development business and land for building and content creation.  We even have homes in SL. 

Guess I am the oddball.  99% of my sales are inworld.  Of course I do not have all my current product on MP either.  But if you look at just the items I have inworld and on MP its still inworld by a long shot.  I sell a make and sell mostly lighting.  MP is hard to tell how a lamp actually looks when turned on versus off even with a photo of both side by side and even the actual scale of it even if place close or next an item that is about the same size no matter where you go in SL.

Deja Letov wrote:

when my in world sales go up so do my Marketplace sales, which makes me wonder if my customers aren't getting my sales flyers and using the link in the notecard to get it straight from the Marketplace to save time. So the sales efforts are coming from in world but I think they are still going to MP for ease.

Yes - visit the store to see and sit and check it out, then buy from Marketplace because there are better records.

I do sell much more on Marketplace too, but i also have income from my inworld store...(maybe 'cus im selling buildings and furniture and decoration stuffs). I never uploaded all my stuffs on the marketplace and most of my promo or discounted offers are available only inworld. I also noticed that some ppl were visiting my inworld store after shopping from Marketplace, but some of them were shopping on MP after they have been in my inworld shop. My inworld shop isn't and i  think will never be profitable, but i like to have it. 

As a customer i do start shopping on Marketplace, but if i like a creator i use to visit their inworld shop too, and when im buying furniture i always go to test it first.

I sell about 95% of my items for sale on the marketplace (not total sales price of items taken into account) which would make it around 99% sold on the marketplace if taken into account. Of course none of my bigger or much more primmy things are sold in world because the price of rent for all those additional prims would be much more if they where included making my inworld store even more of a loss of Linden income. Like many others, I have an inworld store only for s and g's. It's getting to the point where inworld store profitability will be restricted to LL employees only, who are given a free sim to sell their wares without tier costs. (Which explains why they greatly prefer to have inworld shopping) (to give them a big competitive advantage on price). 

Spica Inventor wrote:

It's getting to the point where inworld store profitability will be restricted to LL employees only, who are given a free sim to sell their wares without tier costs. (Which explains why they greatly prefer to have inworld shopping) (to give them a big competitive advantage on price). 

Huh? Wot?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4107 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.