why am I getting charged $5 every month when i have no land

Dakota Noelle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4084 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My Bank account was charged $5 in December for land holdings fees, I never tried to dispute this charge, I wasn't going to spends months trying to get my $5 back, so I removed my payment details from my account so it didn't happen again. (This is the first time I have ever had a charge taken from my account and I have been a member for 5 years now) I got an email today saying that I need to update my payment details as my monthly charge of $5 could not be processed and my account for SL is showing a negative value of $5 and that the next billing period is Feb 21st. I do not have a home in SL of any kind, I have a basic account and I have no land holdings. What is going on? The last time I played was November 2012 as i don't get on often. I have never given out any details of my account to anyone. I checked my account and it says i have zero land holdings. I don't want to delete my whole account as i have spent a lot of money on my avatar over the years and I don't want a "resident" name.

2 answers to this question

Contact LL. You can reach billing here:

Contacting Linden Lab billing support

If you have a non-technical issue related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab billing team at the following toll-free numbers:

• US/Canada: 800-294-1067
  • France: 0805-101-490
  • Germany: 0800-664-5510
  • Japan: 0066-33-132-830
  • Portugal: 800-814-450
  • Spain: 800-300-560
  • UK: 0800-048-4646
  • Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance (not free): 703-286-6277

Billing Support is available twenty four hours a day, seven days a week in the US, UK, and Canada and 7 days a week in all other countries listed above.

Simply removing your payment method is absolutely the wrong way to "solve" this problem, as you are discovering.  Linden Lab thinks you own land, or have donated tier to a group, and is charging you for it.  If they cannot collect, they will delete your account!  You will lose not only your name, but all your inventory.

Check Account/My Land.  Find out if you have any land, and get rid of it.  Check your groups, and see if you have donated tier to any of them.

Then contact Billing AT ONCE and get the problem straightened out.  NOTE:  You may have to pay the money that is owing.  It's worth it, to protect your account.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4084 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.