Serious Attachment Issues

Drakkarn Reddevil

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Alright so this started last night. I purchased a walking sounds attatchment from Marketplace for a character (I'm a roleplayer.). I unboxed it and right clicked it to add it and test it out and oddly the all of the attatch options were greyed out. I thought it might be just a glitch so I tried some things. I tried clearing cache, relogging, switching regions. It rezzed on the ground just fine but for some reason I couldn't attatch it. I assumed it was just SL having an asset server issue so I decided to put it off until I came home from work today.

I come home and come to find out I can no longer attatch ANY item that I'm not already wearing. I can, for example, detach and reattatch my belt, but I cannot attatch ANY other item from my inventory. It shows greyed out on every item. My connection is fine, I'm not running any new programs, and yet its the same story. I can rez any of these items on the ground, but for some reason I cannot wear anything. I am using the Firestorm viewer but I even tried another viewer with no results. I've tried everything I can think of from my experience working IT and nothing has come of it... Can anyone help me?

Look at everything you're wearing, and make sure none of it says anything in parenthesis hinting at a broken link or anything like that. detach and reattach the lsl bridge. See if either of those fix it.

If not, then tryi detaching items one at a time.

If that doesn't do it, then try all the standard tricks. Clear cache, etc.

Wait for someone else to give some advice before resorting to the ldreaded character test. The fixes I mentioned used to work back in the Phoenix days. I haven't had that issue since I started using firestorm.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.