Breast size - bra size

AnnAdams

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4112 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am new to Second Life and trying to adjust my avatar to look like me.

I notice that the "adjust" window with sliders breast size, like other things, are 0 to 100. Is there any conversion from sizes (US) to the adjustments in Second Life? For example, my real body is 34B. How would I set the adjustment?

I think you're going to just have to eye it yourself. I don't believe there are any standard conversions anywhere because depending on a multitude of other factors of your avatar shape, the number for your breast size to be a proportional B-cup will vary. 

You'll need to eyeball it.  I've made my boobs about the same as my real life boobs.  In fact I've made my avatar as close to the real life size I am.  For the boobs my slider setting is 25 which, by eyeballing, is just about my size (a "B" cup).  But there is a lot more to it than that........you basically have to adjust all the sliders on the torso to get the real looking size.  It's an art.......and because of that it took my nearly two years to get my shape the way I want it.

I agree with everyone else - eyeball it. But remember that your skin also plays a part. Some add heavy shading under and/or around the bust, making the breasts look bigger than they really are according to the sliders. I've found one that added very little shading, and thus made my bust look smaller than it really was. You can also find skins that offer (often for additional cost, but not a huge one) "cleavage dehancers" to make the bust look smaller. Keep in mind that as Peggy said, you'll probably need to adjust the entire torso for a realistic affect.

For the best results you need to get your shape right first, I found when I made my torso proportionate, the muscle mass was too low especially around the shoulders and wrists. (sharp projections that look unrealistic when animated). Once you are happy with your shape then find a custom skin creator. You will need to spend some time with them deciding on the skin tone, make up and other features. Then you will need to either copy down all the settings from your shape or if the shape is transferable give them a copy. They can then use your exact shape to match the skin and produce an AV that is more realistic. Mesh add ons such at feet, head, breasts and hands may add to it, however this is a personal choice.

Custom Skin creators are expensive however as the work requires time, but you never know what you will find.

Good luck :)

Ann,

There has been some good advice from others. I agree, it would be nice to be able to input clothing sizes (dress, bra, etc.) and then use the sliders only for "fine tuning", or to have a table where you could use the desired sizes to find the settings for the sliders. Unfortunately that does not exist. Maybe someday...

The only way I know is to eyeball it. If you need, you can take pictures with a cell phone camera (perhaps ones no one else should see - they are easily erasable!) and use them to adjust the sliders.

I assume that there is no simple "one-to-one" relationship of cup size to breast size on the slider. For one thing, in real life the band size affects the cup. For example, I am a 32B, so my bra cup is slightly different from your 34B. Compare my bra cup to a 38B and the difference is really noticeable. The band size (number) affects the body size (I can't remember the name of the slider, the computer I am using now is not the one with Second LIfe). So I would adjust the other torso adjustments first, and then do the breast size, based on looking at a profile of your avi. After that, while looking at the avi's profile, adjust the breast gravity, and, looking at the front, adjust the cleavage.

As has been pointed out, skin is important because of the shadowing. (look carefully at pictures of women with different size breasts and you will see what I mean). But those shadows will only matter when your avi is naked. If your avi is wearing clothes when others can see, that really doesn't matter.

If you want your avi to look like you (or look like what you would like to look like) it will take some trial and error, time, and patience.

There might be a way you could transfer some measurements from RL to SL, if you have enough patience.  To my knowledge, there is no way to measure something like the circumference of a part of your body, but it's easy to measure a straight line through it, such as the thickness or width of your torso at a certain level, or the thickness of your chest and how far your breasts project in front of it, using a prim ruler.  You could make similar measurements in RL and then move the sliders as needed to reproduce them.  It might help that you can wear many prim rulers at once.  It will be impossible to reproduce your real shape exactly, and you will have to compromise on some things.

This is offered for what it's worth, which may be what you paid for it.

It's true there is no precise number that correlates to bra size because there are other factors that affect how big or small you would look. Skin was previously mentioned, but also shape. It is possible that your avatar could have a larger breast size on the slider and still look like a C cup because the body shape is thin with very low body fat. 

While there is no magic number I found that around 58 tends to look like a C for most shapes with a 5% body fat, so I would start at 58 and then see if you like how that looks. If it looks too big to you, try sliding it down. If it looks to small, you can increase it up. 

Also, don't forget that you can adjust the breast buoyancy as well as the size, this is under the size in the shape menu and can also alter the appearance/size.

Happy editing!

torso muscles, torso length, body thickness and body fat play a big part as well. like eveyone said already. just have to play with them until you happy

+

the other biggie these days is Body Physics

can now change their behaviour. dont need to use the normal physics bounce sliders if you dont want. but the Advanced Parameters worth playing with. Mass and Gravity specially. they will change the way the breasts settle. can give some weight to them so they not look like sticky out oranges all the time. Normal shape Gravity okish. but Physics gravity add a new dimension when after the perfect look

Physics are a clothing item. so can do some subtle changes to the Mass and Gravity settings depending on what you wearing (skin and/or tops) and save them with each outfit

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4112 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.