So, I upgrade to Windows 8 and SL Breaks...

Rogue Sixgallery

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4103 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As the Subject says, I upgraded my OS from Win7 to Win8. Everything SL-related was fine in Win7.

Try to log in and get a message that something is out of order with my video. Follow the suggestion to check out the Support Portal and go through the process of uninstalling and reinstalling the latest drivers. Logging in is still a no-go.

I know the Intel Series 4 chips in my laptop are scraping the bottom of acceptability, but everything was peachy yesterday.

Help of suggestions (other than buying a new lappy)?

TIA

Win8 probably installed Microsoft's default video driver, which yes, will not work with SL.  This happened back when Win7 came about as well.  Find the manufacturer of your graphics chip and download their latest drivers.  Things should be fine from there on out.  (^_^)

If that doesn't work out, consider one of the third party viewers.  I have personally found a lot of stability in Firestorm.  Maybe even the LL beta client could work for you.  If either one does, it may be a good idea to uninstall SL, wipe all left over files, then re-install from scratch. (^_^)y

I should have updated...

I filed an Issue with JIRA and got feedback that Intel will not be updating their Series 4 chipset drivers for Windows 8. We are kinda screwed. Lucky for me, Uncle Samuel will be handing me back the overage I paid him through the year, so I'll be upgrading in a couple of weeks.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4103 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.