Lost my Kitteh >^.^<

Talania Indigo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4085 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just lost my Kitteh when sim crashed. It is a giant cat sofa I was sitting on when the SIM crashed. I logged back in and it was gone. Not in lost and found, object folder or original folder. It is no copy. I relogged again and still gone.

The SIM has auto return on but since the SIM crashed I think it just ate my Kitteh for lunch. >.<

3 answers to this question

Kitties don't typically go missing, but I agree that they are most vulnerable during a sim crash, especially if they are no-copy items.  A simple sim crash is nothing to worry about, but if Linden Lab's technies had to roll back the sim to a previous state -- they do that sometimes if it's a serious crash -- then anything that wasn't in the sim in that previous state won't be there after the rollback.  They'd be rolling the sim back to before your kitty was "born".  That's such a rare occurrence, though, that I think you ought to exhaust other possibilities first. 

1. Check your Lost & Found folder again and look for coalesced objects.  If several things were returned at once, they may be there as a single lump, not as separate items.  See http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Building-tips/ta-p/700041#Section_.1

2. Check the sim's garbage collection corner (extreme SW corner, at coordinates <0.0,0.0,0.0> -- underground).  That's where the servers put things when they can't figure out where they belong.

3. Contact Live Chat or file a support ticket (if you are a Premium member) and ask for their help.  Provide as much information as you possibly can.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, I just had to laugh at this one..."Second Life ate my cat sofa"....OMG, only in Second Life could such a thing possibly even be said.

What you need is a rollback, but LL does not often perform them simply for lost items.  Still, it doesn't hurt to contact your estate owner, or file a support ticket with LL if you live on the Mainland.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4085 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.