Viewer 3.4.4.268864 on Mac: Can anyone tell me why my audio doesn't work for one out of two avatars?

SlantedSophia1488315248

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

Yes, my speak button is faded and will not engage. I cannot seem to find any settings that will reverse this. Additionally, I cannot hear other avatars speaking; however, I can hear environmental noises and sound attached to gestures.

I have tried flushing my DNS, resetting voice options to default, undressing my avatar, reinstalling SL, and relogging in different locations.

I am only trying to use one avatar at a time (I kill the program and relog before testing the other avatar). Still one avatar works beautifully and the other remains glitchy, with the biggest issue being that I can't speak or hear. :(

Thank you for the feedback and I will continue to keep my ears open.

Slanted,

Have you tried totally cleaning out the account information for the avatar account in error?

My usual method is to just perform a clean reinstall which cleans up all the accounts:

Mac OS

1. Open Your Macs applications folder and find The Second Life viewers Icon
  2. Drag and Drop the Icon from the applications folder into the trash bin
  3. Open ~/Library/Caches/SecondLife and delete all of the cache files

Also in regards to performance,

Make sure your Mac is connected to your internet Router with a Cat5 cable and not by using the wireless. This is the single biggest boost in performance you will give any Mac.

A final comment in case anyone else has this experience. In the end, my IT department (AKA tech inclined boyfriend) ended up writing me a shell script that would "kill" the SLVoice process after SL is opened. SL then reacts by "rebooting" this process and, finally, I can have my VoIP functions back in-world.

Basically, it seems that when SL loads for one of my avatars, it does not accurately engage the SLVoice process. I am waiting to hear back from the Lindens in case there is a more elegant solution to this problem. At least, for now, I have a hack that works! :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.