More power to Merchants

HisaDrug

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4098 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i'm not quoting that whole tirade.

Point one.. If they write a mean nasty review about your hair not being mod (and it's set no mod on the MP page) then flag that review as being flaming or hate speech. LL does remove false reviews.. IF YOU FLAG THEM.

Just a side note... every.. single.. furrie. i have met knows how to mod the hell out of their avs. A furry would not but a no-mod hair. Period.

Point two.. You.. can not... copybot.. from.. the.. MP.. period.  You have to buy something from the MP and then copybot it. That is a lot of hassle for most copybotters, they are lazy in general and that method leaves a trail for LL to follow when you FILE  A DMCA!!! I'm so tired of all of the "LL wont do anything. LL never does anything. LL why doesn't LL stop this." It's  a load of BS. File a DMCA, just like in RL there are laws to protect you. Use them.

All copybotted items get pulled from EVERYONES inventory.. LL puls the uuid and sub it with a generic object they made.

As to point 2a... BS

Copybotters want their ripped product out in everyones face so they maximize profits.. hidden stores on non search enabled parcels wont get a single sale.

The review thread is consequential with the respondants to the post. It's an additional argument to support my original topic about the MP in general. 

I know all about flagging false reviews, and the fact you can't copybot anything unless you actually buy them. That's why I said DEMOS. I know this. You didn't even read what I wrote !! lol 

Also I know LL will delete all the copybotted items if I file the report on the fraud. I'm just stating about the inter problems of what it's being seen on the MP. And I'm supporting all the merchants to be comfortable doing their business in somewhat tricky environments. 

HisaDrug wrote:

The review thread is consequential with the respondants to the post. It's an additional argument to support my original topic about the MP in general. 

I know all about flagging false reviews, and the fact you can't copybot anything unless you actually buy them. That's why I said DEMOS. I know this. You didn't even read what I wrote !! lol 

Also I know LL will delete all the copybotted items if I file the report on the fraud. I'm just stating about the inter problems of what it's being seen on the MP. And I'm supporting all the merchants to be comfortable doing their business in somewhat tricky environments. 

So, if you know all about the tools we as merchants have to defend ourselves, what is your complaint? You go on and on about the problems that are in the MP, and then turn around and say you know about the solutions....  You realize that by showing all of the ways to do illegal things you are showing potential copybotters how do do them?

HisaDrug wrote:

In this particular topic, my point is how come this customer still questions no-mod when it's already on the description. The product page clearly states it's no-mod, and the model is human. So why is he still upset it's no-mod. That's my point whether or not I could give him a mod version. He could simply not purchase it when the product doesn't meet with his expectation.

You are right about that. But what does it bring you or your business to be right, other then angry customers? 

From your postings I get the idea that the designer in you dominates the merchant in you. It is your proud as designer, that  won't let others 'mess around' with your design, that you so carefully put together. Therefor it is almost impossible to sell your items with mod permission.

The merchant in you should have the aim to sell as many items to as many avatars as possible, but he cannot. He cannot brothen the shopping audience for your business, because he is held back by the designer. So he has to send away potential customers or dissatisfy existing customers, because you as a designer feel you need to defend your design.

Or do I get you all wrong?

Well, it's very tricky. Because I'm very polite when it comes to customers. But like I said, when people repeat the same process, buying a no-mod product and ask for a mod is a little too much now. Cos I do have mod products to balance out the audience. I have some returning customers in a long term and I try my best to keep them happy with the design. Sometimes some people wouldn't tolerate no-mod that's all. They become quite dramatic about it sometimes.... What should I do when they made a decision to buy the product and realized they didn't want it so contact the designer for a different one. Well....

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

So, if you know all about the tools we as merchants have to defend ourselves, what is your complaint? You go on and on about the problems that are in the MP, and then turn around and say you know about the solutions....  You realize that by showing all of the ways to do illegal things you are showing potential copybotters how do do them?

First of all, it's not a complaint c'mon. I don't know why you're trying to pick on every detail I say to make a point. I support merchants and I think the best for them to handle certain situations. I'm here to share ideas. I'm not giving tips to copybotters here, and they already know what they're doing. 

I'm aware of all the ways that LL can give merchants to fight against some undesireable customers. But they can't touch on every problem, such as reviews. You flag them but the customer would do that again if he wants to. Such as failed delivery.  

I know this is the nature of forums and people always try to portray the negative part of the post, which is weird to me. 

The first several responses of the thread were the point I was making. You wrote one of them so you should know what I'm trying to say here. 

Hi HisaDrug

I read your post and I have to say is very interesting
MP is not perfect and, more important, the customers are not perfect.
I didn't have big problems with direct delivery but I have some customers that don't read the INSTRUCTIONS and they do the thing that i say DON'T DO THIS OR THAT, clearly in the note card added in my products.
But a happy customer is a big advertising for your business. So, if i have to redelivery a product to change the bad attitude for a happy customer, i will do.
And, only for those customers that don't believe in MP, i have a in-world store where they can see and buy it
The black list is not a useful idea. They can back with an alt avi.
Have a nice day

banner.jpg

You know, the reviews bug me a little as well. They are important, they do point out some issues....well, maybe. You see, people always say revies pointed out bad issues....but, if you don't buy it...well, how do you know? Think about it!

So a method to remove a bad review or some kind of complaint and verify system may work. But, that requires some customer service issues etc. that are hard to LL do handle. In fact, sometimes a company is open to a third party doing this! know it sounds crazy...but maybe LL would be open to a third party handling this IF they have a track record and can do this. Here are a few basic ideas I came up with in the past 1 minute or 2:

First step is to set up a grid for testing. This is not so easy, but basically the third party Customer Service company would review and verify, act upon merchants requests to remove etc.

They would have power to send a recomendation to LL. LL staff then handles any removals of reviews, sentences or even removing items. They could also maybe help to handle the flagging or whatever else....but reviews and testing things takes time and flaging may be something they want to do internal.

Basically they could handle review rleated complaints verification and maybe even make an evaluation system to verify prim counts, perms, and features claimed. There is ONE reason they will not do this though. Violation of copyrighted items and other borderline issues become something they are more aware of! They would end up having to make a decision on some borderline issues. Like, what if the person is saying they do no own copyright and simply are a fan but mean no harm? If htey review all items being sent up to listing....well, they are aware the person does NOT have copyright! If they post it by accident they may get into trouble. Plus, there are a tonne of items already on the marketplace to review! LL may not wish to spend what it takes AND end up getting tonnes of questions on violatioins. Plus, if they pay to do this...well, people could keep making alts and throwing items up for review and clogging the system. Plus, if you offer review should be also maybe running a database of known checksums of files from 3D asset companies? I mean, you COULD run a quick check and see if the file is a verbatim copy (not a model that is similar, this would be the exact same file copied verbatim via a copy and paste or copy download/rip!) so....yeah, they end up being able to do something that then means if they screw up they might become liable? Not sure, they obviously would want to avoid legal issues etc.

Not only that, but really you have to consider the costs I guess. Less items approved also makes the marketplace less busy and less people happy. So, it is as good as it gets? Sort of.

But, some kind of CSM (cusotmer service management) may work. I would like to point out that in world stores and the marketplace has customer service based tools, as well as some offline tools or a basic spreadsheet method available. I noticed very little feedback, somestimes the person had never even rezz'd the item when I asked if they recieved it. So, there is questionably any need...well...for some items.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4098 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.