Sculpts and LOD? whats up with this?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm no stranger to sculpting and mesh in Second Life. However, despite being able to sculpt a decent LOD sculpty, it takes me a lot of steps to try and get the sculpt to look EXACTLY how it is in blender.

I just have a quick question, is anyone able to make a sculpty be exported from the current blender in a better LOD format? Am I missing something easier? What do you do to make your sculpts smoother and less jagged?

I know mesh is the new thing, but I need to do a sculpt project so am seeing what help I can get on this subject. Thanks! :D

The only way to get your inworld sculpt looking like it does in Blender, is by using a grid in Blender. Unlike mesh, all sculpt's vertex coordinates are limited to whole numbers between 0 and 255. If a coordinate in Blender is not on this grid, the sculpt exporter will move the vertex slightly. There's nothing you can do about this, since sculpts use color channels.

What you can do to make your life easier, is importing your sculpt map back into Blender. You should have the exact same model as SL will show. (Don't forget to use a lossless format). Then scale your object to 255,255,255 meters, inches centimeters or any other unit. Now you can move the seperate vertices one unit at a time. When you have a smooth result, you can scale your object back to see what the result is. This last step makes no difference for your final sculptmap though.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.