I keep getting a message that my clock isn't set properly.

Isis Lyre

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3988 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

The full error reads:

Unable to connect to Second Life.Often this means that your computer's clock is set incorrectly.Please go to Control Panels and make sure the time and dateare set correctly.

This message refers to time-based sensitivities with security certificates but normally isn't a problem, as you can test for yourself by deliberately setting your computer to the wrong time and trying to login. It should work.  Be sure that you check the YEAR on your clock as well as the Month, Day, and Time.  If your CMOS battery is failing, one of the few symptoms will be an incorrect year in your computer's clock.  If resetting the year correctly solves the error, then consider changing that battery.

If you're absolutely certain your time is set correctly, you haven't changed your system setup, and Second Life was working fine moments before, it's likely a transient problem with our servers. Check the Grid Status Reports page for news and try to login periodically. If you continue to get this message after logins are again working reliably for other Residents, contact Support.

Unlike your wall clock, your computer's clock is also time-zone and date dependent.  Make sure the time, date and timezone are set accurately.  Your BIOS clock should be set to your local time and date for Windows only, the time and date for UTC or any other operating system.

My time setting is as it should be, i have gone in and double checked it.. I crashed bad on site and when i went to log back in i started getting this error message. " the certificate returned by the grid appears to be expired " which does not help me 1 bit, as i said my clock settings are correct. Any bright ideas Linden labs?

• Like 1

We are not Linden Lab. We are all SL residents like you. Lindens never come to this resident-to-resident Answer service. Please read the answers that we gave to the OP, above. Triple check the YEAR and the TIME ZONE of your clock to be sure that they are set correctly. If they are, and you still get an error, submit a support ticket, if you are a Premium member.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3988 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.