Sign in to follow this  
winterscharm

Seeking BTB Gorean Places for Roleplay

Hello fellow Gorean roleplayers :)

I've done searches, I've looked around on both the SL forums here and outside sites trying to find locations of BTB Gorean places to roleplay at. Some of the sites I found had no teleport information and when I searched off the World Map I got no results. 

Since I am extremely new to SL maybe I am not going about doing it right. :( I would greatly appreciate any recommendations or suggestions so that I can get involved. I'm at your mercy as you are the ones who know the SL Gorean community, you can provide insight or help about these places that will not be covered in a search engine. I am interested in BTB locations only. 

Many thanks to you all again for taking the time to read this. :)

-tasha

There are two Gorean hubs inwold. One called the Gorean Welcome Center, the other I can't recall the name of (Something like "Gorean Information Center" maybe). Either will direct you to a plethora of Gorean LMs and info on the towns (letting you know if its BtB, GE or whatever). Stick around I'm sure someone will come by who knows the name of the other location.

(Edited to add links)

secondlife:///app/group/f10dd4f7-2e8c-71ba-8bfa-aad96fc06824/about

The first link, if pasted in nearby chat inword, will give you a group join for BtB gor

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Big%20Serenity/86/10/25 

the second, if pasted in the addressline on your viewer, will take you to the welcome center. Walk through all of the rooms to the maproom.

Thank you for the reply SinfulPrince :)

I did go to the Gorean Welcome Center but the problem I've found is that the billboards/advertisements of Gorean roleplay places either don't have a teleport attached to them or do not state if they are GE or BTB. 

I was hoping to connect to any SL members that are part of the Gorean BTB community that could offer suggestions or direction to quality places. It's so hard to look at a wall of billboard's that have only a sample picture of what they are. It's the SL members that know the value of them and I am hopeful they will share that experience :)

Thank you again!

-tasha

Definately go with the group join then. It was added likely as you were typing. :-)

secondlife:///app/group/f10dd4f7-2e8c-71ba-8bfa-aad96fc06824/about

The membership of the group should have LM's and info on hand or in their picks.

Check out some of the forums decicated to gorean role play...

I think there is a goreanforum.net

Not sure if that is the correct address - but if you search you can probably find it.

I'm not gorean,and I hate being mistaken for someone who is. But I have a place you can try. The roleplay center (search rpc) is divided in half. There's Gor on one side, and "Everything else" on the other.

greetings to you!!!  been in sl gor for about 3 years. if you log on sl and click search on your viewer, typing gor it will give you a bunch of choices. try vonda, thentis,olni, turia, koroba, rorus, cos, tharna, kalana fjord port if you want northern. feel free to im me if you need anything more. :-) take care and have fun.

Hello!

I've had kind of similar obstacles. I am new to SL, and still figuring things out, and did find one very nice group, though for now it's small and not very active. I was thankful they welcomed me in because most of them require that your SL account be at least 25-30 days old, which mine is not.

However, I've spent around eight years all told, in Gorean RP settings, just not on SL. I wish that was some kind of substitute for the SL age rule, but apparently it isn't. Maybe they don't like to deal with people who don't have all the controls and features down yet? I can't say I'd really blame them there. I still fall off of walls sometimes and have issues with my hair falling off while changing outfits, so I do understand.

All of that said, I do want to keep my avi with the nice group I found, but also would really like to find a BTB group that I could make a different Avi for as my past roleplay has been mainly btb. That's not to say I don't find the other style fun too, because I do it's just kind of unfamiiar territory.

I would actually like to be able to play in both, which is why I know I'd need to make another avi.

Are there any BTB groups who are willing to accept younger SL accounts if the person is well versed in Gor overall? I have rped in purely written format (no awesome, interactive environment like SL offers) and have played all sorts of characters over the years. I won't claim to have read *all* of the books, but I probably have read at least ten of them all told.

Anyway, just things I'm wondering as I start to get into SL.

Hope we both find what we're looking for!

= )

The main reason for having that requirement is to stop griefers and trolls from creating new alts and attacking the sim. Some sims have a lesser requirement of 7 days or even 2 days.

Both the Gor Hub (2007) and GWC have maps that have links to the sims, the map at the Gor hub is very large and has over a hundred links. Sometimes the links don't work for a few minutes until the sim has rezzed, be patient, the lag there can be horrendous.

With over 300 sims to choose from you can find your own Gor, the main thing is to be polite and to listen to the other RPers until you find your feet. Also timezones are important, some sims are EU timezones and some US, there are also Australian timezone sims but those are few. If you come from a text RP background you will have a natural advantage, you will find this experience can be far richer than IRC RP, the visuals add a lot to the experience, also if you choose a metered sim you will have to learn the rudiments of combat, being captured, avoiding capture etc.

Good luck :smileyhappy:

I read and loved almost all of the Gor books in the seventies and have been playing PC fantacy roleplay from the begining, Sacred Kingdoms1 being by far the most enjoyable. However, so far, I have found nothing of worth on SL and I signed up soon after it started. Recently, when I returned and discovered Gorean communities, I was full of expectation only to find a series of disco shopping centers for errotic chars played, mostly no doubt, by left handed male keyboard opporators - gives me the creaps. I am not PC, I am Gorean and remain adrift in the virtual world and if there is a red blooded server for Gorean males out there, and I don't mean somewhere full of spotty virgin schoolboys that attack each other and everything else that moves, please point me in its direction. Ash Alefwine

Hi Ash

I would recomend Ko-Ro-Ba, Glorious Ar, and for more of a RP environment Mjolnir and perhaps the isle of tarns, Lar Torvis is also an option. They do exist and their are some of us that still enjoy gor in SL. I wish you good luck and if you need more help please drop me a notecard.

Leanne